Should I?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becknutt

Reaction score
My mom contacted me today about a Great Dane pup who needs to find a new home desperately. She is 11 mo old, housetrained, and gets along with cats, and other dogs. Very gentle and a 100% indoor dog. Only goes outside to play and potty.

This is exactally the situation I have with Roxy. She has been very depressed since we moved into our house from the apartment as she used to have all kinds of other dogs to play with. She is also an indoor dog. I'm working up the nerve to ask my hubby, but should I? Here is her adorable face. Also, I have always wanted a dane...BUT she's in Phoenix, AZ. About 350 miles from me. Very close to mom though, so this would give me an excuse to go visit.

11213b1g83n13ma3l88bd6153e4962dee1eff.jpg

1f31261373nb3p53o68bddea1ec5642ea1710.jpg

It's up to you. I think if you have the time and funds then go for it! I'm sure the dog will be very appreciative. She is a beauty and looks very sweet.:)

GET HER!!

Ohhh...you are coming to PHX? Uhhh....stop by my house :biggrin2:.

My mom would drive to Phx to get her, and I would pick her up from my parents house, about an hour south. She lives in AZ City.

Well I can't stop thinking about her, so I'm set on the idea. I just need to discuss it with my husband. We talked about getting Roxy a playmate about a month ago and decided we just didn't have it in us to raise a pup right now and I'm careful about older dogs because in this house they need to get along with cats, and buns.

It makes it seem like its meant to be. She fits the bill of what we are looking for 100%. Inside dog, gets along with other animals and is very chill. Not hyper. I'm going to go talk to him and see what he says. With the 2nd bun, and the 2nd cat he said "no way" from the begining and then immediately fell in love with them both. I know he will say no, but I also know he'd love another big dog...

Wish me luck!

Well, I hope you can get her! Ryan always says, "no!" at first, too...but in the end...we are the women and we always win.

:biggrin2:

Oh my goodness! Yes! As long as you have the money for vet bills, I'd go for it. Danes and other large breeds are prone to a lot of health problems. They are the SWEETEST dogs, though :hearts:

She's ADORABLE! I've always wanted a great dane! If you can handle the big dog and her bills and stuff..... go for it :)

Latest posts

Back