Should I take this rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hes doing pretty well. He dosen't like beingpicked up, but he did get to free-range in the living room last nightfor about an hour. I sat on the floor and didn't bother him, and oncein awhile he would come near me, a couple times within a foot. I'msupposed to just let him come to me, right?

He keeps knocking everything over in his cage, though. I will begetting him some new bowls today that hopefully he can't tip over.

I was thinking that instead of asking the womanif you could have him why don't you ask her if you could take him overto your house to play with him and give him some attention.
Keep him at your house as much as you can and then bring him back. Make it into a habit.
After awhile just keep him over night and if she says anything just say it got late.

She probably , in time, will just accept that you have this particularrabbit most of the time and not really care whether you keep him.
That way you could also see how he does with your cats.
This woman may be the type who can't give up anything that she owns and this would be a round about way to get him?? Maybe??

Congrasts, skysoblue!

When I was reading the earlier posts I was thinking of a big, old,tired-looking rabbit, but when I saw his picture- wow, he looksawesome!!!!

I'm so glad you got him. And more, well, I think you are an amazingperson. I bet his last days will be full of fond memories with you!

Thanks everyone. :) Momiji (haven't decided on aname... it will probably change every few posts until I decide forsure!:D) is settling in nicely, and enjoys running around the livingroom each afternoon. I got a couple of picture, though they aren't thatgreat:

IMG_2861.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

IMG_2883.jpg

Please excuse the black fuzzies on the floor- one of my dogs has long hair that sheds funny, and its vaccum day, lol.

He does look good for his age, but when you pet him or pick him up, youcan feel his spine jutting out, and most of his other bones. He alsohas that runny eye you can see in the first picture. His nails were wayovergrown and the back ones curled up because they were so long. I cutthem, though he didn't appreciate that at all!

What a cutie!!! Just think that you are givinghima wonderful life in his later years. He probably never hada good life and now all at once he gets everything!!!
What a lucky boy:D

skysoblue wrote:
All of the rabbits (about 6-7) are in 2x2 foot wire hutches.They usually have a bunch of hay, a cup of food (alfalfa pellets, Ithink) and a bottle of water, and are covered with a horse blanket inwinter if its supposed to get cold. They are never let out, never getany other food (except once in awhile I take them a bag of carrots),don't have any toys, and are never handled (except sometimes I petthem).
Isn't this how breeders normally keep their rabbits? I meanif they have at least a hundred rabbits, how can they let each rabbitout to play?

Snuggys Mom wrote:
If she refuses to let you take him, that's herright. I wouldn't want you to get in trouble for stealinghim. He's her property and it would be stealing.
Don't you ever fantasize about being a secret super hero?This is the chance...get a ninja outfit, go in the middle of the night,jump over the fence, etc. :zoro

I am against milling animals! I only agree withresponsible breeding- which to me is NOT having hundreds of animals, orany more than one can responsibly take care of. I believe that breedingshould only be done to improve the breed/species, and breeding animalsshould be kept the same as our cherished pets- not negelected in alittle wire hutch outside all the time. There are too many animalsbeing dumped at shelters, negelected in backyards, dumped in the woods,looking for homes in rescues, and euthinized by the throusands tojustify mass breeding. Over a hundred rabbits outside in hutches? Howcould you check each of them every day to make sure no one is sick,injured, etc.? That is not responsible.

I can't figure out how to put the reponse below the quote, but in response to the quote, I have no response besides " ;) "

Gussy wrote
This is the chance...get a ninja outfit, go in the middle of the night, jump over the fence, etc. :zoro

:Dthat is so wonderful, imagine howexciting it must be for him to be able to run around!!!!! He's sobeautiful, and very lucky to have found someone who loves him.
Good work and the nails, that must have been very uncomfortable, poor darling

Latest posts

Back