Should I take the risk?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

Reaction score
My two rabbits are 5 years old. When we firstgot them they lived together and used to run around the gardentogether. At this time we has another male rabbit called Lucky. Hewould be kept int he cage while the girls (sandy and Snowy) were outplaying.Unfortunately one day they had a big fight and theycameaway quite injured. We believe they was fighting overLucky, who was in hiscage. We decided that it would be besttokeep the rabbits separated.Months later thegarden starting getting gaps under the fence and we thought that forthe safety of the rabbits it would be best to let them run around in anenclosed pen, so they couldn't escape.The yearbeforelast, aged almost 9, Lucky died.

We are now having our garden completely re-designed and because of thenew fence etc. it will now be safe for the rabbits to run around thewhole garden. Should i take the risk of letting the rabbits outtogether to play together again 4 years on, even though they live inseparate cages or should i just keep them separate to prevent themgetting hurt. I just really don't want to see them get hurt again. Buti would like them to play together again so that i can spend more timewith both of them together, rather than having to split my time, togive them both equal attention.

Please note that the rabbits have always lived very close to eachother, in cages next to each other. So have always known that eachother was there.

Also although it most be nice for them to have 1 of there own to playwith, i do spend a lot of time playing with them so they do not getlonely without each other.

[line]

Sorry for going on...

Thank you very much for taking your time to read this and for trying to help me.

Shawn

I think if you took it slowly it might be ok :)

Well.... I would just try the whole bondingprocess again. Put them in a neutral territory and watch them and theneventually once they are bonded again you can watch them run around inyour garden!:D

Sometimes two rabbits who fight and are aggressive when they are younger are easier to bond as they mellow out and get older.

I would see how they react to each other in neutral territory first.Maybe in a bath tub with a towel down for traction. If you want, Iwould wear gloves and have a spray bottle just in case a fight doesbreak out. I would just read up on bonding and start out really slow.

Hope if you do choose to bond them, everything works out fine. Are they spayed?

Back