Should I get another rabbit or will it be upsetting?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auggie+Snowball+Belle

Reaction score
Hey so today I had a scare. So I let out both my rabbits in separate spaces separated by 1 4 foot tall gate (Belle can jump over 2 foot ones) for Belle to keep her in one area and one 2 foot tall baby gate (set up a few feet away from belle’s space) for my other rabbit Snowball. Snowball isn’t spayed because she has a heart issue so the vets don’t want to put her under. Belle is spayed and belle somehow escaped her area and got into Snowball’s area when I was upstairs (they’re downstairs) and I heard noises so I went down. I saw a ton of rabbit fur everywhere and Snowball had cornered Belle behind a couch (no blood). Both of them are ok and there’s no scars or anything just Belle has a bald spot and was traumatized (back to herself now). I’m not keeping them out anymore for now I’ll just let them out when I can be with them.

So I was thinking, she’s a very sweet rabbit and gets along with everyone and she obviously wants a friend. I want to get her a rabbit that is spayed (A local animal shelter has some rabbits already fixed I want to go meet this one that’s 8 months old and spayed). I don’t want to upset Belle but I think she’d absolutely love a friend. Then I also don’t want to upset Snowball because I don’t know if she’ll be happy with bringing another rabbit here (Although she didn’t really care when we got Belle) and I really want her to be happy. Basically what I’m asking is do you think it’d be a good idea or would it upset Snowball or Belle? Thanks!

Well I don't know if they will actually NOT bond sometimes it takes up to (or more) 2 months to bond ( *BUT* *I've* *never* *bonded* *buns* *so* *take* *my* *advice* *with* *a* *grain* *of* *salt* ) I mean there was no blood drawn ( of course you don't want any blood drawn ) You still might still be able to bond them
just with females it usually takes longer 😉

Last edited:
Well I don't know if they will actually NOT bond sometimes it takes up to (or more) 2 months to bond ( *BUT* *I've* *never* *bonded* *buns* *so* *take* *my* *advice* *with* *a* *grain* *of* *salt* ) I mean there was no blood drawn ( of course you don't want any blood drawn ) You still might still be able to bond them
just with females it usually takes longer 😉
I’m not trying to bond these two because Snowball can’t be spayed and is very territorial. I’m just wondering if Snowball would be upset if I brought another rabbit here even though she doesn’t really like other rabbits.

I’m not trying to bond these two because Snowball can’t be spayed and is very territorial. I’m just wondering if Snowball would be upset if I brought another rabbit here even though she doesn’t really like other rabbits.
Ohh sorry I miss-read that 😅
well I think you could get another bun and get a higher gate 😊
So that naughty buns can't jump over!
and they're both adorable 💕

Last edited:
I think you should get another rabbit to bond Belle with because Snowball won't really notice that there is a new rabbit. Belle and the new rabbit will be in a different area then Snowball so there should not be too much trouble.

Make sure you do your research about bonding before you get another rabbit! I suggest getting a rabbit from a rescue where you can take Belle for 'bunny dating' so that she can pick out her new friend. Bonding Bunnies

Latest posts

Back