Should I get a new bunny?

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Hermelin

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2017
Messages
1,838
Reaction score
1,581
Location
Sweden
Hi everyone,

Today on facebook a person took contact with me. The person had ask a question in a rabbit group, that’s how it ended up with her sending a private message to me.

A rabbit doe it’s searching for a new home otherwise they would put her down. So it’s rather serious for that bunny and need a new home really soon.

I know she’s aggressive but I have never planned of getting another aggressive bunny to take care of. Don’t know the doe health and what breed. I know Lilja and Toste was a bit like a curve ball how I got them. But should I just take this doe or not. It’s not certain she will bond with my bucks and I was planning to bond Odin and Toste.

I was planning to get a flemish giant or Belgian hare doe towards the summer or should I just follow the curve ball that was thrown at me and see if I can get the bunny.

If I didn’t live at home I would just take go where the bunny is and get her. But I also need to think about covid-19 and how far it is from my place.
 

Mariam+Theo

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2018
Messages
1,681
Reaction score
1,221
Location
Tennessee
I would get it, especially if they plan on putting it down. It might be that the people have no idea what they are doing and that is why the rabbit is aggressive. You know rabbits and are patient with them so I know you can handle this. I would try to bond her with the two boys because if she is scared of you she will be able to see that Odin and Toste trust you and hopefully learn to love and trust you too.
 

Hermelin

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2017
Messages
1,838
Reaction score
1,581
Location
Sweden
I would get it, especially if they plan on putting it down. It might be that the people have no idea what they are doing and that is why the rabbit is aggressive. You know rabbits and are patient with them so I know you can handle this. I would try to bond her with the two boys because if she is scared of you she will be able to see that Odin and Toste trust you and hopefully learn to love and trust you too.
Okay, I’ll message that person and see how it goes ^^
 

Mariam+Theo

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2018
Messages
1,681
Reaction score
1,221
Location
Tennessee
You have to send pictures! 😍 I wish someone would message me like this. Then my parents would have no choice but to say yes.
 

Hermelin

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2017
Messages
1,838
Reaction score
1,581
Location
Sweden
You have to send pictures! 😍 I wish someone would message me like this. Then my parents would have no choice but to say yes.
Had the most weird conversation, I didn’t want to pay over 20$, but at least they managed to find another buyer instead.

The person asked why I didn’t want to pay more, it’s because my money it’s tight this month. I’m going to take Odin and Toste to get their shots and get the yearly health check ups and also told her if I was going to take the bunny. I would need to pay for the spay, shots and health check up and fix the transport. The cost would go up a lot to fix it for me. She was 3 hours car drove away from me and I would need to fix my car first before I could go to her.

In my opinion if you are ready to put down your bunny and not handle an aggressive bunny. Why would you press up your price on the bunny, she wanted 60$ and it was not a pure bred bunny. The cost for a pure bred bunny from a breeder that are allowed to compete in shows cost 60$ up to 100$. That’s the price for kits while adults will be cheaper because they are older. The bunny didn’t even have a price from the start. So I just told them to let the other buyer take her. I hope the other person getting her knows what to do with an aggressive bunny and that she won’t jump between different homes.

I have a tight budget specially after bulking up on pellets and hay this month. Also it cost quite a lot letting Lilja rest (+200$) when my income it’s only 300$ to 400$ every month. It’s first the payment from april and may that I can save up my money and put away in a budget.
 

Hermelin

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2017
Messages
1,838
Reaction score
1,581
Location
Sweden
I’m on the waiting list for a pure breed belgian hare doe. If I’m lucky I can pick it up next month. Depends when it will be born this month and if it will be a doe among the kits. They are supposed to be born this week.

I know you are supposed to adopt or take bunnies that are being rehomed. But I have always taken the challange with the bunnies. We don’t have that many rescues in sweden.
 

Latest posts

Top