Should I call the vet??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvmybuns

Reaction score
Ozzy has been sneezing for 2 days and Pepsi has a wet nose. Everything else is completely normal. I'm paranoid though so someone tell me if it isn't a big deal or even if it can wait til Monday. Thank you so much

I think its ok for now, just keep an eye on them.

Is the discharge just clear? Could be a little allergies this time of year. Make sure you shake that hay a lot in the bag before you put it in their cage, it can be a little dusty. Same with the food too.

I assume you've had the windows open cuz its been a little cooler? That could just be causing allergens in the apartment.

As long as that discharge is clear and theyre eating/pooping fine Id say its fine. It it continues more than a week I'd get them checked.

:)Give them kisses from me

Okay No on the window thing (spiders) but I don't shake out the hay. I'll start doing that and see if it helps.

Everything is clear.

They said they love you.

Yeah, if it's clear discharge it's more likely to be from dust. Along with the hay, are the pellets dusty? I have to sift mine when I get to the bottom of the bag, or Loki gets runny eyes from the dust.

I just want to say that mine sneeze when they groom, so maybe pay attention to when they are sneezing. I know it's not a colored discharge or anything to worry about at this time. Other's will disagree with me on this, but if it's when they're grooming, this is a test that it is just hair that is getting in their notrils:D. That's all it is, most times.

I know they sometimes sneeze if and when grooming/eating if dust in pellets is involved.;)

Yeah, as much as the buns love that hay it had been sitting in a barn for a few months so it is pretty dusty. I kept meaning to warn you to shake it a little as you pull it out of the bag.

I took my last bale down to the rescue so Im going to get more soon. Let me know if you need more...Ozzy sure can pack it in! ;)

And a few people said that those Timothy pellets should last at least 6 months or so. Im sure if you have more than you need someone at the shelter would buy them off you for their own buns (or you could donate them to the rescue). Its just so much cheaper buying in bulk :)

Latest posts

Back