Should I buy him?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks like a single-maned lionhead... I *think* (but I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head) that double-maned lionheads have a skirt as adults. I know I thought Nala might be double-maned when she was a baby, but when she blew her juvenile coat she lost her skirt and her mane *really* thinned out - once her adult coat grew in, she turned out to be single-maned.

I'm feeling too lazy at the moment to re-upload some older pics to TinyPic and I haven't been able to get Photobucket pics to turn out a decent size since one of the forum revamps, but hopefully these are still big enough to show the differences...

Nala as a juvenile (I trimmed her skirt off not long before these pictures were taken because it kept picking up a ton of hay and carefresh and such but she had a pretty long one originally, which didn't come back after that first molt... you can see traces of it in the pictures, though):

DSCF02642.jpg%7Eoriginal
DSCF02682.jpg%7Eoriginal
DSCF04042.jpg%7Eoriginal

Nala as an adult:

DSCF1322_zps30cd1d1e.jpg%7Eoriginal
DSCF08662.jpg%7Eoriginal
DSCF1025_zps72d34336.jpg%7Eoriginal

He looks like a single-maned lionhead... I *think* (but I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head) that double-maned lionheads have a skirt as adults. I know I thought Nala might be double-maned when she was a baby, but when she blew her juvenile coat she lost her skirt and her mane *really* thinned out - once her adult coat grew in, she turned out to be single-maned.

I'm feeling too lazy at the moment to re-upload some older pics to TinyPic and I haven't been able to get Photobucket pics to turn out a decent size since one of the forum revamps, but hopefully these are still big enough to show the differences...

Nala as a juvenile (I trimmed her skirt off not long before these pictures were taken because it kept picking up a ton of hay and carefresh and such but she had a pretty long one originally, which didn't come back after that first molt... you can see traces of it in the pictures, though):

DSCF02642.jpg%7Eoriginal
DSCF02682.jpg%7Eoriginal
DSCF04042.jpg%7Eoriginal

Nala as an adult:

DSCF1322_zps30cd1d1e.jpg%7Eoriginal
DSCF08662.jpg%7Eoriginal
DSCF1025_zps72d34336.jpg%7Eoriginal

Oh okay, I was having some trouble telling. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

Well, unfortunately some people are already going to look at Bubba. I hope they decide they don't want him, because there are absolutely no small older rabbits available in my area! Anyone know of any small aged 4+ rabbits for sale in North Carolina?

Back