Should i bring all my other bunnies when one bunny goes to the vets?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1357rabbitlover

Reaction score
Bonnie has to go to the vets tomorrow and she is bonded with Casey and Alice, someone told me that i should bring Alice and Casey along too because they might fight with Bonnie when she comes back from the vets because she smells funny? Is this true? :)

I never seperate my bonded buns for anything! Sophie just went to the vet today and Houdini went along for moral support. The vet doesn't mind a bit having the other there, they just stay in the carrier during the exam.

I would bring them. It's not that much more effort to take them and can help keep the bond. Unless she is there for something where she will have to be there for surgery or overnight treatment, then it's best to take any bonded rabbits along.

When Sophie went for her spay Houdini went along for the day. When Gary wasneutered Becky went too. I think it helps them warm up after surgery and less stressful for both if they go. Apparently Houdini paced and watched for Sophie the whole time she was out for her surgery. When they put her back to wake up he stayed between her and the door grooming her and guarding against the staff, so sweet.

everything I've EVER read regarding bonding/broken bunny bonds suggests that it can wreck a bunny bond to take one rabbit to the vet without taking the other(s) due to the possibility of them picking up "weird" smells.

think of it like a husband coming home with lipstick on his collar or a wife showing up smelling like another guy's cologne and their spouse giving them a glare while demanding to know where they've been and who they've been with, lol

aha^, Yeah i brought them all along :) Bonnie didn't need to go for anything serious, she had a cut inside her ear where Alice was cleaning to vigorously, and it had started to look infected, they gave me some cream for now and to come back in 5 days :)

Glad that they are doing good :)

Latest posts

Back