Should I be concerned?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janiene Quigley

Reaction score
new holland lop owners, male almost 8 weeks old; took him home at 6 weeks (which we now know was pre-mature). Eating unlimited Sherwood baby rabbit food (mixed with breeders Purina to wean off) and unlimited Timothy hay. VERY playful and social. In a playpen (@ 3’ x 5’ from morning until night) Produces cecotropes at night/early morning. Usually find them smooshed on the shelf/ledge of his cage in the morning. Went to spend time with him while in his playpen and his cecotropes looked like this (see attached). He cuddled, is eating, drinking...all seems well. Just want to make sure we are not overlooking something?

Attachments

• 445A6D1B-0BD3-4A64-877F-B06CABD6A115.jpeg
    445A6D1B-0BD3-4A64-877F-B06CABD6A115.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 13
  • A1706B99-912C-4CEB-B0B2-12A4691C33A0.jpeg
    A1706B99-912C-4CEB-B0B2-12A4691C33A0.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 13
Here is a picture of him sleeping which, from what I've read, shows contentment? I recently had another post re: his cecotropes and JBun advised to feed more hay than pellets since they (the pellets) were alfalfa based? I took a pic of the nutrient info. Thank you!

Attachments

• Sherwood.JPG
    Sherwood.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Tucker sleeping.JPG
    Tucker sleeping.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 18
Youngsters that age should be fed alfalfa based pellets, and I understand that Sherwood is a good quality pellet. It sounds like you’re doing the right thing.

Thank you Majorv, I appreciate your response. I've read that bunnies have a very high tolerance for pain and just want to make sure we act on something sooner than later if there is a cause for concern. Tucker has been pooping his regular pellets since....I just think that that is what his morning stools are like. Thanks again ;)

Here is a picture of him sleeping which, from what I've read, shows contentment? I recently had another post re: his cecotropes and JBun advised to feed more hay than pellets since they (the pellets) were alfalfa based? I took a pic of the nutrient info. Thank you!

Your little bun is so cute!! I love how he looks all comfy in his bed!! Enjoy your time with the little cutie!!

Back