Shoot Lucas is a girl !!!?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucas the Bun πŸ’•πŸ‡

Reaction score
So when we got Lucas from our cousin we were told he was a boy
Well I wanted to get him neutered but still can't cause 'Rona but I flipped him over to be sure and Now I think He's a she cause as far as I know she's not spayed/neutered
Please Double Check for me I don't see any sacks so that leads me to believe he's a she
Will get photo asap

Last edited:
That’s perfectly understandable, Usa have a really high spreading of covid-19 right now. I’m not going to say I’ve been the best person following the recommendations and my region in sweden still have restriction to travel outside compare with other regions πŸ˜‚

Because it turn out Lucas is a girl make sure you get the correct pain medication and that it will have the correct dose. A spay is a lot more painful than neuter and she will need more time to heal. So set up a healing space with restricted area with no jumping up on things and let her heal. You can give a warm bottle to help Lucas keep warm and have veggies, herbs or treats that she love and use to eat. You can smash it up and mix with water or soak the veggies/ herbs in water to encourage eating.

Later you will just need to keep an extra eye on Lucas while she heals. But the first day can be a lot of work and you might need to forcefeed her. My own vet recommend me that if the bunny don’t start to eat the next day.I should bring my bunny in to the vet, so they can do the treatment instead. But don’t know if it will be the same recomendations from your vets.

My bunnies love fresh herbs more than leafy greens. I know their favorite herbs for example Odin loves lemon balm and Toste favorite is mint. So just go with what she’s used with.

Names on L:
Luna, Leah/Leia, Lily, Lucy, Lilian, Lydia, Lisa, Liz/ Lizzy, Lynn/Lyn, Layla/Laila, Lilith, Lucia, Leona, Lulu, Lady, Lexie and Lola as in the Lola bunny because Lucas look a bit like her πŸ˜‚

I tried to come up with names that are easy to say in english.

Thank You
WoW you came up with a lot 😁
Sorry One last thing I promise
what is a bunny safe cleaning solution I googled it and there's a debate about distilled white vinegar and regular white vinegar
thank You

Funny thing--we just got a rescue--BEW and the name is Bunnicula 3rd, or Nikki. The previous 2 Nikkis were female although we were told the original one was male, til I checked. Our 3rd is a male, about 12 weeks old and showing testicles the 4th time we checked. Good luck.

I use distilled white vinegar to clean and it works perfectly! I don't normally dilute it, but I know some people on here (like @Apollo’s Slave) do 1/2 water and 1/2 distilled white vinegar.

Sorry about all the gender confusion! I think she looks like a Lena.

Latest posts

Back