SHOLLEN SACKS.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs. PBJ

Reaction score
HI all.
storm sacks seem to be shollen
they seem like theres liquid in them. my question in i know when we bruise or hurt ourselves we form liquid around the sore point.
to protect it.

i am taking him to the vet tomorrow. i just want to make sure i am not jumping the gun.

he is eating normally. drinking. and pottying i just gave him dinner and he os acting like he never ate.

First of all, do you mean swollen? And do you mean the testicals?

Sometimes they can naturally look larger when the rabbit is hot, they seem to let them droop down more to keep them cool.

Where do you live? How old is Storm? Has ne been neutered?

This rabbit was just neutered ..right?

It is normal in some males to have extensive swelling in the sacs for a few days after the neuter. It can look scary...

if the swelling is really big and bright red go back for a recheck but if you see it fading even slightly it probably is normal and will resolve on its own.
I see the shelter rabbits all the time after neuters so I look at this a lot. occasionally a rabbit has to go back to the vet but very seldom
What day was he neutered?

he was fixed yesterday.
we are in texas.
yes i mean his testes.
he does not seem any mpre soar.
should i go in the morning.

minilop storm looks just like that rabbit in your picture all grey with erect ears.

we will be there at eight.
i am hopeing he is ok.
he is in bed with me.

i have not been able to sleep.
i know its just his stuff and atibiotics will fix it most likly i do this all the time at the shelter.

but when its your and you just got him home its different.
im nutts. LOL

storm is ok they said the swelling was of a normal amount.
thanks for your help

Latest posts

Back