Shipping Policy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueCamasRabbitry

Reaction score
I'm wanting to add a shipping policy to my original sales policy, because I got an inquiry on my rabbits from out of state, and well, the only way to transport is via shipping.

So... I know the basics, kind of...haha. I know that for most airlines, the rabbits must have a health cert. in order to fly.

I'm aware that the buyer is to pay all of the costs- carriers, feed & water cups, airfare & vet visit + health cert.

What I would like to know is... Can two rabbits fly in cabin without somone going with them -and them being in seperate carriers? I would like to avoid cargo as much as possible.

Those of you who have shipping policies, would you mind letting me know so I can check them out? I promise I won't steal anything, haha, I just want to get a general idea of how one should look. ;)

Any other ideas, tips, advice, etc. is much appreciated!

Emily

Each airline is different, so you do need to view their website or contact them to get specifics.

Most do not allow rabbits in the cabin. Even if they do, pets in cabin need to be with someone under the seat. There is usually a limit on the number of pets in the cabin and per person. Some also have specific requirements for the carrier, it must fit under the seat and some only allow soft carriers.

If the animals are being sent without someone on the flight, they have to go in the cargo area. There are limits to the number of animals and crates allowed as well as the size of the crate. Some allow 2 of the same species in the same crate, but it might be difficult to the that with rabbits if they can't be together due to mating or fighting. The cost can be per carrier or per pet.

There are some pet transport companies. They help make the arrangements and there is at least one that has their own planes and only transports pets. These can be more expenisve, but hopefully would be safe and provide some peace of mind.

I would check out Lone Star Rabbity's shipping policy. Their the only ones I know of that ship at the moment :)

Oi. Whata headache. lol.

That's lame that they don't ship in cabin without you...but then again I can see how that could cause problems. I wouldn't want my rabbits under some random persons' seat who had full access to them during the flight. :/

Hrm. I will have to go check out the cargo prices then. I know that rabbits can fly in regular carrying cages - probably via cargo, so that will be nice for ventilation purposes.

I'm basically just gathering all of the information (as far as airlines & ticket, vet, health cert. costs) right now, and then will write up my policy in the next couple of days.

Emily

Hmmm. So the lady who wants my rabbits just missed all Convention transport by like two weeks... :/ But I'm wondering if it's possible to transport via train? Surely it'd be much cheaper than $300 to $500, and probably a lot less scarier for the bunnies too.

Anyone ever heard of train transport? Tried it?

Emily

That is true. Turns out Amtrak doesn't ship anyway. :/
Oh well. We'll figure something out I guess.

I'm still putting together a shipping policy anyway, as I'd like to have one available. Still in the process of getting all the details on cost. I'm probably gonna have to call my vet to get an estimated cost on the health certs, and see if they can put more than 1 rabbit on them; as well as vet check 2 or 3 rabbits with one clinic payment. That will save money as well.

Emily

Back