Shipping Bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CalifornianKit

Reaction score
Has anyone ever done it?! Ive got someone who wants one of my "southern" bunnies for their buck but ive NEVER shipped a bunny before. I know some people do though. What will i need to do? First make sure bunny is not gonna get depressed, search for a flight, and health checks would be my guess. Im just looking for some additional information

When I ship I use Continental Quick Pak. The rabbits are in climate controlled conditions the whole time they are in their care and do very well. I have never had a problem shipping or receiving rabbits. You will have to book a flight for them and they need to be in a carrier that is airline approved. I usually put rabbit carriers in an airline approved dog kennel. Continental does not require health certificates. It is not cheap to ship. The last time I sent 8 young rabbits it was about $240.

I've shipped rabbits within NZ, North to South a few times.
It's easy but not cheap.
The rabbit will have to be vaccinated and have a health certificate, and its own cage and food and water.

Here in the U.S. no vaccinations are required- not even sure about the health check anymore. I've used Continental and Frontier Airlines - liked them both.

I've never had problems with rabbits that were shipped - they were never in distress when I picked them up or they got picked up.

Now driving 30+ hours one way to convention? Yeah..that was almost more stressful on my rabbits - which is why I'd ship again.

GorbyJobRabbits wrote:
a friend has been working on shipping rabbits, they do have to be vet checked in the states... dunno where she is going through though.
I know that with Continental last year - they didn't have to be vet checked. I don't remember about Frontier airlines though.

lol, that's why I added on the didn't know where she was shipping through. whatever air lines she is doing, had to be checked. She got great compliments through her vet on her bunnies though!

She may have been shipping out of the U.S., health checks are required to go overseas.

Latest posts

Back