She's humping the cat...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

queenadreena

Reaction score
Everytime I post here I sound like a brokenrecord, about Mai's mounting problems. We seperated her from Milly (hersister) due to this problem, but over the past few days, having justturned one year old, shes turned her attentions to our elderly cat.
When put down in the room to play, she goes nuts and seeks out Bubbles(the cat), who by nature isn't really very playful and will tolerateMai's sniffing and playing of her tail, but hisses when being mounted.Its kind of embarrassing. I thought rabbits only did this to their ownkind? Is it still a dominance issue?
Now I make sure the cat is in another room, out of reach (because shelooks utterly humiliated to have a big white ball of fluff chase herround the room)
Why has she only suddenly started doing this, she used to get on fine with the cat.

My cousins rabbit used to hump everything, thedog, your foot, uggboots... anything! He stopped it once he wascastrated, not immediatly but once the hormones had died down he hardlyever did it again, he occasionally would do it but only when reallyhyped up..!
So I would secondPhinnsmommy'squestion, is she spayed, if not hopefully someone with moreunderstanding of this problem will come along ;)

No, she isn't spayed, but am definitely thinkingabout getting it done before she turns two. Would anything deter her inthe meantime, from doing this?

Other than spaying? Maybe find astuffed animal for her to hump and abuse. Make sure itdoesn't have little pieces like plastic eyes.

Spaying will definately help, although the humping will not be 100%gone. One of my spayed girls humps her sister, but not nearlyas much as she did before her spay. One of my other spayedgirls has recently started humping her boyfriend who is twice hersize.:shock:

our 2 boys try to hump each others heads fromtime to time...guess nature didn't teach them which end wascorrect.....and both of them were clipped years ago.......unfornatelyHarley likes to pull out clumps of fur from wrigley...so we have towatch him when they play together.

In all honesty, I had to giggle, too...hehe!!

Michaela wrote:
The title of this thread made me laugh!!:rofl:

Even though Sunny is spayed and Misu isneutered, Sunny will still mount him when she's really excited aboutsomething (usually food related).

I never know whether to pull her off of him or not....He really doesn't seem to mind.

naturestee wrote:
Other than spaying? Maybe find a stuffed animalfor her to hump and abuse. Make sure it doesn't have littlepieces like plastic eyes.

Spaying will definately help, although the humping will not be 100%gone. One of my spayed girls humps her sister, but not nearlyas much as she did before her spay. One of my other spayedgirls has recently started humping her boyfriend who is twice hersize.:shock:
:yeahthat

My bunny Buttons started humping my husband when he came home from work(LOL!) and we tried giving him a toy for him to hump and groom, and itworked out great, he quit humping my husband and I think he actuallyfell in love with the toy :bunnyhearthe would thump at me ormy husband if we picked up the toy and looked offendedLOL

We just got him neutered so he will probably stop humping alltogether.. but until you can get your bunnies altered you should trygiving hima safe toy :)

This is the toy we gave Buttons (meatwad, the very top plushie) haha poor poor meatwad :censored2:

plush.jpg

Aww...poor Meatwad always gets the short end of the stick, too...poor little guy...I always feel sorry for him. :(

Latest posts

Back