Sherwood forest natural rabbit food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nora123

Reaction score
Dear all I have just heard of a great food called Sherwood forest natural rabbit food, it is grain and soy free, It comes in a baby formula pellet and it also comes in a pellet called
Fortifying Essentials which is to be fed with hay.

and also a Maintenance and Support pellet
which it says does not have to be fed with hay or anything else as it contains all the neccesary long fibre and vitamins a rabbit would need.
unfortunately I cannot get it in England yet until next year but if anyone of you in America has tried it can you let me know it sounds great.

I had an issue with Sherwood Forest, my rabbit lost weight while on it. Getting almost 2 cups of food a day. Yes, 2 CUPS. Her fur was rough and dull and she was only like 3-4 months old when I was feeding it to her and losing weight. So I stopped feeding it to her, gave her Small World pellets and her coat was shiny again, she started gaining weight again and I was able to level her off at 1/2 cup and she wasn't starving all the time.

I like the 'idea' of Sherwood food, with no sugar and soy and whatever else they put in food. I do love that idea, but for some reason my rabbit didn't do well on it and I don't think she was the only one.

I'm not saying that your rabbit won't do well with that food, but just beware and be prepared to switch if your rabbit starts to lose weight or coat condition.

Thankyou so much for your reply I cant get it in Britain without having to pay a fortune for shipping but I was considering paying for it but now im not too sure which one was she on the Fortifying essentials or the Maintenance and support?

I got a sample size of their baby formula for my baby rabbit when she was 8 weeks old and she is now 12 weeks old. I mix it with her food that she ate from the breeder which is not very healthy. She is doing great on it. I haven't tried the adult kind. The sample size was 2lbs all I had to do was pay shipping it was worth a try.

I also forgot to mention in my previous post that my other rabbit is on Oxbow Organic pellets and those are a great pellet if you can get those. They can be a bit pricey and only come in a 3lb bag. my baby rabbit refused and still refuses those but she eats the Sherwood forest brand.

Back