Shelter Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BunnyPal

Reaction score
I'm posting for the local shelter here in northern Kentucky. (Just under Cincinnati, Ohio)
There are 3 adult rabbits looking for homes and 3 young rabbits.
I am a volunteer there and the only one who really deals with small animals, so..if I can alert some experienced people to head on out and check out the bunnies that would be great!

I do not believe the rabbit are spayed or neutered nor will they come with anything for altering.
The adoption fee is $10 for small animals.
Please feel free to bring your rabbit for a 'play date' if you need to see if they get along.

SO here we go..if any information is not listed, please let me know and I will try to find out.

I think this ones name is Charlie. (Male)
He is a larger ?american fuzzy lop?
He was found in a park. A guy called in and said there was a sheep in the field. ha!
He is a very sweet boy, but came into the shelter with a ton of mats. I have been trying to get them out, and am doing this slowly. I have cut all hair from his bottom as poop was getting matted up - I think this was the best option.
He loves to re-arrange his cage!
I'm not sure what his color would be called..or if the grey was caused by the sun.
IMG_7493.jpg

IMG_7494.jpg

Next, meet -- Baby? Sugar? I forgot what they re-named her. :lookaround
A very (large) and chill female rabbit. Likes to burrow. Picture does not do her size justice. She's a very big girl.
IMG_7497.jpg

Next up is Peppy.
I know Peppy has a personality..she just needs to get out this darn shelter to show it!
Female around 6 months of age.
IMG_7499.jpg

Now meet the 3-4 month old foster babies that are at my place. :)
If you're interested in adopting them, I can bring them to the shelter for you to meet first.

2 males - brothers. One light brown with almost a curly texture to his fur (but no curls) and his darker brown brother.
These guys are use to being handled and nearly kill themselves trying to get to you when you enter the room. Awesome personalities!!
Unsure of their breed. I saw one of the parents. It was a black broken mini rex I believe? I may be wrong as there's another breed I saw that looks the same.
I don't think they'll get too big, but you never know. They may be part lop rabbit as one ear usually is laying down while one is up. (this goes for the lighter male and the female)
Malebuns.png

Now their sister. She is a beautiful little girl who has a shy personality, but opens up on occasion. Use to being held and pet like her brothers.
IMG_6750.jpg

Thank you!
Sorry for the longer post.

As the shelter doesn't neuter them, I hope they keep the males & females apart. Such a low fee & no neutering isn't a great idea. Are they sure people are getting them as pets?

I'm going to double check on the altering. I'm 99% sure nothing is done for that.
They do keep everyone apart.
I'm sure they try their best to weed out bad owners, but this is the pound. They overflow with cats and kittens and the rabbits take up room the cats could be in. I'm only there tuesdays and thursdays so I deal with what I can while I'm there.
They do care for them..I have to say..very well. People just drop them off like they're nothing, but the shelter provides a big enough temporary living space with hay and feed. I take them out when I get there to socialize them and groom who I can when they need it. (Like poor sheep boy here)

I will try to discuss neutering with them. However, they're just starting to get to the goal of being a no kill shelter and I'm sure there's a lot going on to make changes.

I am in love with Baby/Sugar! She is so adorable, if only I didn't live so far away!!!! I hope they all find great homes. Keep us posted:)

I wish!! But I'm still trying to convince my parents that another bunny is a good thing (mom is on board but dad isn't)

They are all adorable...I'm too far away and have two new bunnies still settling in...but I wish I could. I wish I could convert my out buildings into a shelter and take every lovely bunny I see!!! Prayers that they all find the wonderful homes they deserve!!!

:pray:

I am so tempted to do a railroad for Bella, butnI think 11 is enough.:p

They are very cute bunnies I just wanted to help out with breeds and colors.

Charlie - Chestnut Agouti is his color
The girl - Broken Chestnut Agouti Her breed is possibly a french lop if she is 10lbs or over. They are VERY sweet rabbits
Peppy is a black of course and looks like maybe a mini lop
The brother on the Right - Chestnut Agouti is the color
The brother on the Left - Looks like a Lynx for color
The sister - A gorgeous Broken Opal for the color

so pretty

Amazing - thank you so much!! I will pass this along.

The little girl has been without a name - Opal really fits.. and if that's her color - how awesome.

Man, those bunnies are super adorable. Bella is the jowliest bunny I've ever seen, so cute! I hope they get awesome homes. The low adoption fee concerns me, too. Our local shelter used to adopt out bunnies for $5 but thankfully they raised the fee to I think $50. We adopted Rory when it was still $5 and I always say it's the best $5 I ever spent!

Awh, I think Charlie looks like a sweet old bun!
If it was here, I would totally love to adopt him, brush him out and get him healthy! I have such a soft spot for older buns and he looks like he needs some lovin!

Well..sad news (to me)
The rabbits were picked up and will be going off to be classroom animals. =\

But I still have my three fosters. They should go back to the shelter soon.
There is another female at the shelter that's the same color as the female I have.
I wonder if shes the mom..will post pics later.

My wife used to take ours to her class one at a time and then home every night. They had a playpen all set up (by me) and ours are spoiled. But, yes I'm not too happy hearing that even though I don't have all the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back