Shelter Bunnies and other fuzzies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.e.

Reaction score
Since so much of my time is involved with my other babies ;), I thought I'd have a place for them here too.

Things have been verybusy at the shelter, rabbits coming inand (happily) rabbits going to new homes as well. Eight rabbits in theshelter at the moment, and one at a satellite location (PetCo). We alsohave a guinea pig, lots and lots of mice, several gerbils, and arooster - his name is Bob.

I wasn't able to get in to the shelter this past week, with thekittens' spays and the general craziness of life, so when I logged onto the shelter's website tonight I was stunned to learn that...

we have a Flemish Giant (or at least a mix)! :shock:

other_fuzzy.jpg

His name's Fuzzy, and I want him :( If I had the space, he'd be mine ina heartbeat. He's only four months old, so he still has lots of time togrow. Anyone in the New England area looking for a big ole' bunny tolove? :D Seriously, its going to be so tough not taking him home...:(

And check out the ears on this guy :p:

other_bobby.jpg

He reminded me a little of Wrigley :) And he's so darned cute that he got adopted pretty fast ;)

Here's the rest of the bunnies we have at the moment...

t_other_holly.gif
t_other_magic.gif
t_other_willow.gif
t_other_flora.gif
t_other_tyler.gif
t_other_licorice.gif
t_other_oreo.gif
t_other_oreo2.gif

And a few of the other small animals I work with, including Dante, the abused mouse, and Bob, the stray rooster :p...

t_other_dante.gif
t_other_rat.gif
t_other_ozzytassy.gif
t_other_rooster.gif

From the shelter's website:

Hi, my name is Dante. I have a special story that I’d like to sharewith you. I’m an adult male mouse that was surrendered to the shelterbecause my primary “caregiver” moved out. When I came to the shelter Iwas absolutely covered in mites. The itching bothered me to much that Idug and chewed at them until my skin was bleeding in places and entirechunks of flesh were missing, as you can see on my ears. I’m alsopossibly missing an eye. I’m glad to be at the shelter. My previousowner made the right decision to bring me here, rather that toss me outinto the snow, which is what they said they were going to do if theshelter hadn’t been available. Mice are living creatures that can feelpain and suffering. No animal should be kept in such horrendousconditions. Since arriving at the shelter, I have had baths to get ridof the mites, proper food, water, bedding and even love and attention.It has been like paradise! Now I’m available for adoption and I’mlooking for a family that will care for me and give me the good lifethat I deserve.

Ohhhhh, bless his little heart. I'm soglad that the shelter took him in. I hope that he getsadopted soon.

Oh what a terrible story about Dante. I hopesomeone takes him home soon. What is the shelters website so I can havea look? I would love to take in some more animals. If I was near you Iwould definatley take Dante in and give him lots of love! I just hateseeing animals that have been neglected. What right do we have to treatinnocent animals in such a manner. It makes me so mad!

Vickie

Twice have had the pleasure of observing the inspirational speaker, comedian, and showman, Chickenman.

He and his family do an entire show with performing chickens, whichpeople said was not possible because chickens are too dull.Much of his performance does have the chickens performing natural actswithin the context of his show, but there is no doubt they have beentrained.

What I find remarkable about him is that he "trains" the chickens withlove only.... doesn't use any treat rewards in order to affectconditioning. First time I saw him he was "breaking" in a new chickento the show. He permitted it to "hang out," talked to itfrequently and stroked it, without asking it to "perform" in anyparticular way. I noted whenever he called it by name, itimmediately responded to his voice.

He has some unusual Japanese chickens that perform in the majority ofhis show. Their "feathers" almost appear as if furred, sothey look like furry chickens. Never knew chickens could beso interesting until I caught him and his show.

For more information: http://www.chickenmanusa.com/html.htm

Buck

DaisyNBuster wrote:
just hate seeing animals that have been neglected. What right dowe have to treat innocent animals in such a manner. It makes me so mad!

I agree! It makes me quite angry. What really gets my goat is meatproducing farms that raise their animals in neglect. A lot of peoplehave the idea that since these animals are going to die in a few yearsanyway so we can eat them, it's okay if they have a terrible life. Inmy opinion, these animals deserve to have a great life even MORE!They're going to die so we can live, they deserve the greatest respect.If I wasn't so squeamish, I'd have my own meat producing farm where theanimals had amazing lives until their deaths. If I did, though, I'dprobably feel guilty and end up keeping them all. ;)

*update*

Fuzzy was adopted this morning. There's a lot of "stuff" involved here, and I'm a lot more upset than I thought I would be...

Latest posts

Back