Shedding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchellfoster

Reaction score
Tobias started shedding very heavily about 4 weeks ago, yet Balthazar doesn't seem to be shedding much at all. They have very different types of fur, but is it normal for some buns to not be heavy shedders and for some buns to be VERY heavy shedders?

All of my rabbits shed around the same time, but in different amounts. Ty hardly sheds at all and yet Star looks like he's making an all new bunny. I think it's a mixture between the individual rabbit and the diet they get.

I brushed Toby earlier today and I swear I could have made two baby buns with the amount of fur I got. Plus, I've been coming home everyday to fur-covered carpet. He looks like he's dropped 20 lbs.

My bun has been shedding a lot lately.. I'm not sure why either. I could have sworn she already shed her winter coat. She's definitely shedding more than she did last year. Do bunnies get to a certain old age where they start to shed a lot? Kind of like dogs?

Latest posts

Back