Shedding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lola13

Reaction score
So zentor started shedding in december... and he really hasnt stopped. His hair isnt blading or anything, but i'm just wondering when its going to end. His hair color has also seemed to have changed because of his shedding. His back is now much darker then it was before, but its only where he licks himself. is this normal? Also, how long does a bun usually shed for? a month? 2 months? I really have no idea. He's not yet a year old, so does this have something to do with his changed in color?

-Alora

What do you mean licking himself. Do you mean normal grooming orjust licking the same spot repetitively. ?
My rabbits shedding patterns are really odd. They all seem to shed at different times for prolonged periods although they are all indoor rabits.

Over grooming one spot is not normal.

Normal grooming is what i meant by "licking himself". He is an indoor bun as well. I just thought it was weird that the color on his back changed. Does weather effect their shedding? we have had some weird weather i think. I guess i just dont know how long shedding normally last.

I believe that it is common for changes in color to occur when hair regrows
In terms of length of timeI can only measure by myown 8rabbits. Their molts can last several months

Latest posts

Back