Shedding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunrab

Reaction score
My bunny, Xuanxuan is already 1yr and 1mth. Ever since he was 7 mths old, he started shedding fur everyday.Till today, he is still shedding and compared to my previous 2 bunnies, he really is shedding quite a lot. His fur is always one patch here and one patch there although he did not shed till bold patch appears. Will he ever stop shedding? is there something wrong with him? I had not seen his fur without shedding patched for a very long time.

This apparently has been a terrible year for never-ending rabbit molts, so it could be normal.But I'd check very carefully check to see if Xuanxuan has picked up a flea or another bug. I couldn't see any signs of fleas on Pipp but she also had patches of fur missing (with short fur underneath) and I thought it was just an unusual molt (shed), but then Isaw one solitary flea on her. No other signs like the flea dirt I see on the cats, just one flea.

I'm still trying to decide whether to treat her or not. I treated all the cats with Advantage, Pipp's hair grew back inand never had another problem with the bunnies, so I'm hoping they jumped on the cats and all died off.

Xuanxuan is so cute!! :inlove:

sas

Latest posts

Back