Shedding Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulhilgeman

Reaction score
Our 6 month old has started shedding a prettygood ammount. Is this simply due to the fact that it has started to getmuch warmer here in IL?

Thanks,
Paul and Kim

Hey im from Illinois also! Yes and my rabbit hasbeen shedding like mad!! I have to atleast brush him a few times a day!I think its do to the weather....

I feel alittle out of place here,I'm not from IL. I'm from Canada eh !We were quite concerned about our little Bun (Bugsy) he wasshedding by the handful. No amount of brushing could cut itdown.....more and more fur came out.....but he didn't seem to gobald. I changed his food, I don't know if it helpedor he just finished his spring molt, Anyway, he's back to hisusual self now, and I can even wear Black around him ..... well- almost----- kim :dude:

Hey...IL here too! I think it was around 97 heretoday LOL. My buns are leaving hair everywhere too. I would swear theyshould be bald by now :p.

lol, I'm in Canada also and my boys are just losing fur like crazy still! It just never ends!

My Pepper sheds alot ofhair also.It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen sometimes.Ilive in Michigan.

Oreojust startedshedding alot again now too, I'm thinking it is because of the warmer weather..got up to about 94 degrees here the other day! :D

~pam

Molting or shedding is a normal occurence andwill happen at any time. I have one who did it all in oneweek, and another who has been at it a month now. Of course,the one I would like to molt, a blue with brown urine stains fromgetting sprayed while at someone else's rabbitry, is the one whodoesn't. Grr. But they will all stop eventually andhave brand new nice coats to show off to everyone. Donna

If you guys dont mind me asking..... Where in ILare the ones from IL from? I am in rockford. Its so warm. I put afrozen bottle of water and within a few hours its melted. I have tohave several of them to keep frozen ones back in.

Cristy

Latest posts

Back