Shedding.. please help im worried

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picklezon

Reaction score
my mini rex is starting to shed really bad. hehas a small patch missing on his shoulder, its not bald underneath, butvery short hair. Please if this is a sign of sickness let me know!thank you!!

My Mimi-Rex molted in patches likethat,it's probably nothing, especially if there's short hairunderneath. Dill ended up with some pretty big patchesmissing, but it ended up just being a molt.

Any way he could have picked upa flea? I'm almostpositive Dill'swas a normal molt (for a mini-Rex), but it didhappen around the same time I spotted a flea on mycat.You may want to run a flea comb over him.

sas

i really doubt he got a flee... it would be veryunlikely.. he has never been outside. He's about 10 months old i think.It seemed like his fur got longer when it used to be short, and now itwont stop shedding. I am constantly brushing him, but it keepsshedding.

I would just keep an eye on it. Anyredness/itching could indicate mites or fleas or something. My bunniespicked up mites one year and I have no clue how..sometimes they canride in on us I guess?

I would just watch it and see if its starts to grow back, if not, a vet trip is probably in order.

Last winter I noticed both my rexes has smallbald patches on their shoulders, I checked them over and they didn'thave mites or anything and the fur just grew back normally so it couldbe a rex thing?:?Here is a pic of what my bun's looked like:

BaldpatchRuby.jpg

Berri's a rex and when she's moulting theresometimes be's areas where the fur is very short, maybe it's justsomething to do with them having no guard hairs.:?

picklezon wrote:
my mini rex is starting to shed really bad. he has a smallpatch missing on his shoulder, its not bald underneath, but very shorthair. Please if this is a sign of sickness let me know! thank you!!

Hi Picklezon,
Sounds like it might be a molting.

:cameraCan you post aphoto for us?

~Jim

Ellie got a really big patch of fur missing onher back. I got all the tests done and it lookied like it was justmoulting. Furby has a small bald patch on her leg which has neverresolved. they are both rexes

Latest posts

Back