Shed Temperatures

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirstin

Reaction score
I've got a specific question for you guyss. So in my rabbit shed, I keep a heater and fan, to circulate air and make sure the rabbits are kept warm during the winter months. I've got a "temperature and humidity sensor" that tells me the temperature in the shed,on a different screen that's in my room so I can look at it and make sure it's not getting too hot or too cold. It also tells me the highs and lows in the past 24-48 hours.

What temperatures should I try to keep the shed so that they are reasonably comfortable? Keep in mind that there are kits in there at times.

Thanks. :)

Hi there :wave:!

Sorry no one responded sooner - I guess everyone was stumped :D

Here is a great link to rabbit temperature regulation from our Lagomorph Library
Lagomorph Library: Bunny 101 - Warming a Rabbit

A rabbit is happiest between 50F and 80F. I would think that the mid-range would be ideal.

As an aside, be sure to seal up all cracks in the structure to prevent drafts. That will help to maintain a constant temperature.

Hope this helps!

It partly depends on what kind of rabbits you have also. I like to keep my angoras around 50-55 degrees because their wool tends to be a bit nicer and easier to handle that way- that's my opinion based on being a handspinner. For everyone else they seem to do best right around 60-65.

Back