she

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hi all

can anyone tell me is it normal for a baby bunny to have fuer poops than normal

she isnt on greens yet

i tried her on a bit of carrot yesterday and she just turned her nose up

she will be 12 weeks on thursday and her name is

LUCY

I think as long as it isn't loads of hair it'snormal to see some in the poos. They are bound to ingest some hair soas long as it's coming out and it's not an overwhelming amount itshould be ok.

Hi addeytrix,

I would stick to giving her a good quality rabbit pellet, at least 18%crude fiber, and give her unlimited amounts of timothy hay. If yourseeing furry stools, don't be alarmed. It's a sign that the hair thatshe's ingested through cleaning herself is passing through her system.

Vegetables and fruits and greens can cause runny stools in a babyrabbit, as yours still is, so I wouldn't give her them until around 3months. She turned her nose up for her own good. :)

Welcome to the family, Lucy!

12 weeks old...what a little babe. Would love to see pictures wheneveryou're able to post them. If not now, do be sure to take picturesbecause they do take on a more mature look as they grow up, whichhappens so fast.

-Carolyn

I think the question is FEWER not furry LOL!

I would check to see how hard or soft those poos are. If theyseem hard, or just due to the fewer amount, please, make sure the bunnyis getting plenty of water and lots of hay.

Latest posts

Back