She wants a bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angoralover

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Last night my cousins came over and all night we talked bout rabbits.One of my cousin saw this adorable mini lop in a petstore, and so sheask her mom if she could get the rabbit. Her mom kept on refusingsaying that she can not have a bunny. My cousin is bout two yearsyounger than me and she almost bursted out crying cause she wants thebunny sooo badly. She LOVESbunnies sooo much.Shealways is the one that looks after the bunnies on her neighbourhoodstreet when the owners are on vacation. She has proved to her motherthat she is responsible to look after a rabbit but her mom keeps onrefusing. Her mom says rabbits are stinky, dirty and not worthbuying:XIt broke both me and my cousins heart to hear whatshe said. Could someone please help my cousin? She wants the rabbit sobadly....and I kno she will look after the bunny....cause she is veryresposible. I just can't see her heart break when she finds out therabbit is sold to someone else. What should I do? Should I look up infoabout mini lops, and then show it to her mom to make her change hermind bout rabbits? What should I do?

Cassandra P.S.-tomorrow I start grade 8....so I won't be on the forum on weekdays...I'll only be on the forum on weekands. I'll miss everyone on theforum during the weekdays! bye!

It's important that the parent is in support ofgetting a new pet. I don't think a rabbit belongs in ahousehold where a parent detests it. In a situation where theanimal requires medical care, it's unlikely that the parent would be infavor of spending money for proper treatment. This familyneeds to work through some of these issues before bringing an animalinto the house.

Pam

Pam,

My cousins already have a cat, dog, lots offish and a gecko.Do you think her mother is refusing because of all the pets she alreadyhas? Cause the whole family loves animals very much. But her motherjust doesn't like rabbits for some reason.:?

Cassandra

It's possible another may be too much.It is a lot to keep up on and vet bills can be expensive. I'malways saying "NO!", but it seems like our family of house pets keepsgrowing! We have a dog, cat, chinchilla, mouse, hamster andfish in the house as well as 130 - 150 rabbits outside (and 1 outdoorcat).

Pam

Latest posts

Back