She strikes...AGAIN!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumpers_Mom

Reaction score
Last night, I found myself wondering...which is worse, a human biting bunny or a destructive one? Well, I think I'll take the biting! Grrrrrrr!

A couple of months ago, my boys turned on the computerlo and behold, the speakers weren't working. PEACHES, yup, she shredded the wires. :foreheadsmack:

Last week, I decided that I would put their bed in their cage so that they could be all comfy. Not once, since November, have either of them showed signs of destroying it. So imagine my surprise when I got home a few days ago and it had been ripped with all of its insides OUT! :pullhair:Again, PEACHES!!!

Well, last night, I went to turn on my laptop and realized that the web router was not on. I have been unplugging it and taking the cords since my boys are on punishment (whole other story) so I went to plug it in when I realized that she struck again!:panic: Man, I put wood boards under the desk and we are usually very vigilant (apparently not always)so I did not expect this! So, after some splicing and taping, I was back up and running.

And all I could do was look at her and laugh. After all, it is my fault.:headsmack

Oh yes, to top it off, I guess Thumper wanted in on some action and jumped on the computer shelf and pee'd!!! :crazinessSilly bunner.

On a more serious note though, after all of that, I noticed that Peaches had pee'd a couple of times on the floor last night. She has NEVER done this before. :huhShe came to melitter trained and she was also making very tiny poos, so I was a nervous wreck last night. I refilled their hay and she was munching away. I hope she didn't ingest any of the fluff from the bed she destroyed. :nerves1I checked this morning and she did not pee anywhere in her cage, except for her litter box so I hope it was just a fluke. :pray:She is also acting very normal. She is a silly little girl.

Man oh man how I love my bunners! :bunnyheartI took new pics and will be putting them up this weekend so stay tuned to their blog!

Bites vs. chewed wires? Bites heal themselves! Wires don't!LOL! ("Hmmmm... mommy spends so much time in front of that box attached to that wire.... " LOL!) Silly bunnies! Good thing you know how to patch wires! :pullhair:

I unplug the router wire too, to keep the kids off at night! LOL! Great minds think alike!

Maybe some new toys would help?

Lol I wrap my power cords with a phone cord, so they can't get to it nearly as easily.

I mean they can technically chew through the phone cord but it takes a lot of effort, and by that time I usually discover what they're doing.

You should see my Chewinator video...your bunnies sound just like my Billy. Even though all wires and most wall corners are blocked off by fencing, he always finds a way to destroy something. It's so bad that if I try to do homework while he's out playing, I have to get up from the couch every few minutes to stop him from pulling up the carpet, chewing up somebody's clothes, chewing on the wall, or trying to move the baby gate to attack Ronnie :X

Sometimes the only way Billy will stop is if I sit there and hold an apple branch or piece of untreated wood in front of his face for him to chew. It's not good enough that I put it on the floor for him, or secure it in my sneaker as a nice little wood holder...I have to sit there with him, holding it in front of his face. I think I spoil him too much :p

Peachy, what have you been up to?! Funny girl! Maybe she'd like it if you provided her with a digging box? You could get a big cardboard box and fill it with paper from the paper shredder and let her go to town! Did you hear about what Rory did a month or so ago? I accidentally fell asleep when he was out playing, and when I woke up, I looked around for him. Found him lying on his side with his eyes closed next to a lamp cord he'd completely chewed through. Thankfully, I'd unplugged the lamp the night before and he was just napping, but holy guacamole was I scared! :disgust: We have the other cords protected so the buns can't get to them, or if they did get to them we would see right away, but this is the first time he ever showed interest in them.

Anyone who says that bunnies are boring clearly hasn't spent time with one :) Oh and I'm looking forward to the pictures this weekend! I miss seeing them, they're a couple of my favorite not Rory and Tallulah and Monroe bunnies!

It's really funny...when we brought SweetPea home and put her cage together, I guess we put it a little bit too close to the phone cord...'cuz that was gone overnight. The really funny part? We didn't even notice right away, because it's one we don't use!

Maisie and Flower haven't been cord chewers at all, but so far, Trixie and SweetPea both have proven to enjoy it...hehe!

Maisie, though, is a fabric pee-er. If she's even CLOSE to fabric of any kind (as in, goes up, sniffs it, and realizes it's nearby), she'll pee! It's really funny!

It's funny how some bunnies will do this or that...and others will do other things.

Oh are they something special all right! I have been fighting with them for the last 1/2 hr to stay away from the computer!!! They hide under my seat and quietly sneak under the desk. :laugh:And everytime I go to shoo Peaches out Thumper comes to the rescue! :crazinessYou'd think he'd know by now that I am head bun! Muahahahaha!!!

Shiloh, I did read that about Rory...I tell ya, it is when you least expect it. When you think you have EVERYTHING covered, they show you that you don't!

Rosie, you are so right, they have the cute individual quirks. It is sooo cute and sometimes soo :banghead. :tongue

Well, they were out for 40 min today and off to their cage they went. They were in destructo mode today. Whew! I'm exhausted!:yawn:

Only us bunny people could find the humor in the destruction of our possessions! I can't believe I laugh about it now. However, I will be taking EXTRA procautions to make sure it doesn't happen again. :thumbup

Latest posts

Back