she peed on me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why did she pee on me...

• Messing with me..

• Marking me as her own..

• Mad at me...

• She's just a rabbit and that's what they do...

• Other...

Results are only viewable after voting.

nightpoison

Reaction score
Ok, So I have odd question for everyone. I was petting Emma, my rabbit, tonight. she was just sitting there on my couch with me. She was facing me and then all the sudden turned around and kind of backed up against me. A second latter I felt her pee on my side.

Am I going crazy or did she just pee on me, on purpose? Is she marking me, or is she just messing with me.

:?

I'm not sure exactly how old she is. She was a straw originally so we don't know exact age, but she's estimated to be about a year old.

Cinnabun used to occasionally go over to someone sitting on the couch, back up against them and pee. He usually got my mom, but I think it's more because she always thought he was cuddling. My brother and I recognized that he was about to pee and would put him in his cage! I don't know why he did it (usually about once a month or less), but my brother and I thought it was pretty funny when he'd pee on our mom. He had nearly perfect litter habits other than that.

What happened just before? Did you stop stroking her? Or change what you were doing or anything?

It CAN be a sign of disgust (and I have had it used against me as a sign of disgust), but equally it could be laziness, or she felt comfortable there, or was desperate. It could be many things, not just what I suggested.

Maybe be aware and see if it happens again. If it happens more you might have a better idea of why she did/does it.

It sounds like she's marking you, that's what my bunnies do when they are marking something :)

Sorry, I ment Stray, not straw.

Well I had been petting her for about 5-10 min, just sitting there while I was reading. then she turned around, so I stopped petting her for a second. At that point I started petting her again. Then a moment later it was warm. I'm thinking it was either marking me, or she was just really comfortable and decided to be a little lazy. Leaning more towards marking just because it sounds better, and she actually backed up against me to do it.

other then this one time, she has perfect litter box habits. on my days off, she's out of her cage almost the entire day. She has free run of the living room and always jumps back into her cage to go in the litter box.

Latest posts

Back