she just snapped!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylover202

Reaction score
/images/emoticons/shock.gifI am very worried about augusta. She and i have bonded ever since we met but, all of a sudden she won't even let me touch her. It has been a few days since this started. I am so sad and next week i am going to 4h camp for three days, poor bunny. I have no idea what to do i have been trying to let her come to me but instead she runs in the other direction. I think it could just be hormones...she even thumped at me. she makes me wanna cry.. mean bunny. I am calling the vet tomorrow to get her an appointment to get spayed. It also could be that she just got a new hutch? But she loves the hutch. It is so hard to bond again with her outside. I don't know what to do our what is wrong...all advise is welcome.

First of all, don't take it personally :). Rabbits can be little snot balls somedays, and cuddle huns the next. This isn't Augusta, this is most likely the stress of moving and some hormones. Or she could just be feeling a bit territorial, making sure her new home is rightfully claimed as hers :).

Spaying will help, but she just might need to get settled in her new home. Don't get upset, she still loves you, she's just a bit moody. Pebbles can be very bratty at times, but I know she's still a gentle little bughead in disguise (sometimes in a very good disguise.. :p):).

The only advice I can recommend is to give her some space, and maybe see if she'll be less moody with a treat or two ;). She's not trying to be mean, and I don't think she knows that it seems this way to you, she's just being a moody bun!

Hope she has a better day tomorrow! :)

I've experienced a few different issues with my buns, including fear aggression, territorial aggression, and hormonal aggression. It takes time and patience (and/or spaying), but all of these can be worked with and very possibly overcome.

My toughest ones are the rescues that have extreme fear aggression. Rosie is a perfect example. We've had her for over a year and she has just started to let me pet and handle her. She was abandoned at a gas station in the middle of winter, so I don't really blame her at all.

Latest posts

Back