She just seems so bored

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stone_family3

Reaction score
Weather permitting we take Belldandy outside to hop around in her outdoor enclosure. She hops around inside but doesn't play much just sort of hangs out and lounges.

She will play with toys for a day then get bored of them.

So I was thinking of making her a toy. I was thinking of taking a 20oz pop bottle filling it with beans or rice and then glueing the lid on it. That way she can roll it around.

She doesn't chew so I don't think that would be a problem. We've done digging boxes which she doesn't dig in, baby toys are not a hit and neither is a rag or doll. For awhile she was entertained by a 12 or 24 can box. We either have cubes or the ones coke products come in so she gets different colors and shapes. Then she pooped in them and they got thrown out. She likes paper bags but only for a day or so. I try to use what we have around the house since she doesn't seem interested for long.

Any other suggestions for keeping her entertained? Do bunnies like mirrors?

Try the little cardboard tubes from toilet paper! My bun loves throwing those around. :p

I don't really have many toys to recommend either because my bun doesn't seem so enjoy much of them, she much prefers her blankets, boxes and things to chew on... so that's all I give her! I always bring home new toys and are disappointed.:p

PS: She just seems to ignore the mirror I gave her...

I have bought the cottontail cottages. All four of my rabbits get a kick out of these. They love to hide in it, and chew the cardboard, it's preety funny when they get to the top floor. Other then that I give my rabbits natural logs to chew on, towels to rearrange, but I know how you feel, sometimes they just arn't interested in anything. My rabbit Lucy is very picky, I just stopped buying her toys. I think she thinks she is to mature for that kind of stuff lol. She just enjoys roaming my room and stetching out on my bed. Where Pete loves the cardboard concrete tubes I think thier called, he spends hours sitting in there and digging and chewing the cardboard. I also had once extra carpet from my room, and I took the largest piece and rolled it in a circle and Petey and Belle loved to run through it, sit in it, and chew on it.

http://www.catsandrabbitsandmore.com/cottontail_cottages

I thought mine was bored so i did this and it seems to have gotten better:

1. Egg cartons opened up, so they can jump, chew and shred them.

2. Pieces of cardboard for them to chew

3. A phone book for them to shred and chew

4. Wooden chew blocks, cylindars, balls, squares etc all wooden.

5. Toilet roles of a variety of sizes, some of them i'll stuff with timothy hay, they seem to like that.

She loved the egg carton idea.

She also loved a paper grocery bag full of shreadded paper.

She also loved a clean pizza box with hay and some pellets and dry fruit in it. She's been digging at it for about 25-40 min today.

Thats good! I'm glad you managed to keep her more occupied, i was watching my bunny Racer furiously chewing away at a wooden block this morning.

Better the wooden block than my walls and furniture!

Back