She is growing up so fast!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabyRue

Reaction score
First off... I am glad I can get back on here! I couldn't remember my password and every time I tried to reset it the email never came lol. So finally today I am back!

Anyway moving on. Rue is growing up so fast :( When we first brought her home she weighed around 9oz. I weighed her two days ago and she is 1lb 4oz.

She has discovered her ability to climb things, she runs around my now completely bunny proofed apartment and she is completely litter trained. She has gotten very brave too and has started trying to steal my dogs bone lol. When Maggie is chewing on her bone Rue will sneak over and try to take it from her and Maggie grabs it and runs to her kennel to hide it lol. It is really cute to watch.

When I put her in her cage at night she gets mad and throws things around in her cage :rollseyes And when I get up in the morning she will bang her treat dish on the side of her cage until I let her out. Have I mentioned she is a spoiled princess? haha

Anyway a picture from two days ago... I am loving the way her colour is showing more. She has white flicks all through her fur and a white patch behind her ears and a completely white tummy. I wish I could get her to stay still long enough to get a good picture. But as soon as I get down to her level to snap a pic she runs up to me haha

RueRue.jpg

LakeCondo wrote:
Yes, lovely coloring.

She has a treat dish, not just a water bowl, a greens bowl, & a pellet bowl?
I call it a treat dish. Its just a little bowl I put a little bit of clean grass in. She has a water bowl a pellet bowl as well. And her hay rack with her hay. I used to just give her hay in a corner of her cage but she was nesting with it so that changed lol.

Though now I question giving her the grass because the girl at the pet store told me she is to young for fresh picked grass. And she isn't supposed to have veggies yet. I don't know what I am supposed to be feeding her anymore so I actually stopped the grass yesterday and she just gets her pellets and hay now.

Welcome Back! Rue is so cute! Love her coloring too!

I don't feed veggies until 6 months, but I did introduce wheat grass to my babies at about 9 weeks. One piece and gradually build up. Wheat grass is really good stimulating my babies to eat, gave them extra oxygen, which gave them energy, and had trace minerals in it to really help them grow. All my bunnies still get it and love it.

Looking forward to hearing more about Rue. She sounds like a little character, and how could you not spoil her.

K:)

Thanks everyone :) I got a couple new pics today. Took me half an hour to get her to stay still long enough lol

Trying to blend into the wall

Ruecamo.jpg

Giving Mommy kisses

kisses.jpg

Thanks for sharing the new pics of Rue. Just love his coloring.

And what a sweet boy giving his Mom kisses.

ZRabbits wrote:

Psst He is a she ;) :p and thanks! I am a huge fan of her colouring. I really want to get a picture of the patch behind her ears but shes such a snot and wont stay still lol.

BabyRue wrote:
ZRabbits wrote:

Psst He is a she ;) :p and thanks! I am a huge fan of her colouring. I really want to get a picture of the patch behind her ears but shes such a snot and wont stay still lol.
That's what I get for not proof reading better. Thanks for setting me straight. So sorry Rue. She is a pretty girl. I love her Marten markings. Just like I love my Dobby's Marten markings.

Understand about them not staying still. Thankfully I have a digital. Can snap lots of pics. Wishing you luck on getting the pic of her cute patch behind her ear.

Haha I chased her around with my phone taking video of her. I am rather embarrassed to post it though lol. And yes the Marten markings are adorable. I love Dobbys markings :D

And no harm in the he/she. I was far from upset lol. I kind of laughed because my SO keeps saying she is a he because he doesn't want to believe there is yet another female in our family. My horse, dog and bunny are all female. SO is the only male in our family hehe...

Back