She Grunted!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindy10

Reaction score
Ok so this morning Im brushing blossom and I swear I heard a burp as I was giving her the treats. So I give her another treat and brushed her and I hear a burp again and I realize wait a minute bunnies don't burp the little devil is grunting at me!! So my daughter says mama that means she wants her space so stop brushing her!! Ok its sad when your 6 year old is smarter than you!! Oh I was so mad when she grunted!!:pssd: Wheres the respect!! LOL

you were giving the treat and brushing at same time? maybe she was telling you "this treat is MINE."

Yes thats the only way I can brush her is when she is busy eating her treats. She usually lets me do it with no problem but this morning she grunted for the first time. She just turned 4 months old so Im sure she is going to start getting the attitude!!

Oh great hormones. I got the hormones too as Imgoing through the change! I dont mind if she grunts but I was told a grunt usually is followed by a bite!! I just hope she doesnt start biting!! That will scare me because i have a 6 year old.

Tippy grunts but doesn't bite. Her grunt is more of a "hey! Human! Apple chip NOW!" She grunts when she wants things her way. She's 5 months old, so she's in that teenager phase too...I wouldn't worry too much about her starting to bite if she's not a biter.

Sounds like it's time for "the talk" with the vet.

My boy would grunt and then charge at my husband whenever he came into the bedroom (bunny's territory). He just got the snip yesterday and is already more mellow, but he may just be healing. It was nice that he let me snuggle him this morning for a change. :)

Don't take grunting as always a bad thing. My Desmond grunts at me whether he is happy, mad, sad, playing or fighting. It's really tough to tell but I can always tell by his little ears.If I am playing and he grunts but looks aggressive, I just flip on my side on the floor by him to show him, I'm only playing and then he usually follows suit. If he grunts while I am brushing him or giving him a treat I look at his ears if they are back, I may have been brushing him to hard. Sometimes they are stubborn though and do like their space. :)

Fraggles grunts when she is mad but has never bitten. It is time to talk to the vet though before Blossom decides that she wants to be more then just friends with couch cushions,your daughters toy or your foot! Yep girls do it to. Fraggles also thumps her foot about everything. Have you been thumped yet?

hi im amysbunnersons,i know u from binkybunny.....ur baby is about the cutest thing i have ever seen..she will calm some after she is spayed i think my liam is getting better...i know they look sooo sweet little babes then they are stinkers,,,i cried when liam first bit..but he hasnt again.....i haverelatives who have lived in lowell....all my birth relatives and adopted are from that general area...

Hi Amy thats neat that you have relatives that live in Lowell. hey you never know I might know them or my husband might know them whereas he was born in Lowell. Whats there last name. You can send me a private message if you want. I have lived in Lowell for about 20 years now. Boy that makes me feel so old!! Thanks everyone for the input. Mindy

Hi Amy thats neat that you have relatives that live in Lowell. hey you never know I might know them or my husband might know them whereas he was born in Lowell. Whats there last name. You can send me a private message if you want. I have lived in Lowell for about 20 years now. Boy that makes me feel so old!! Thanks everyone for the input. Mindy

Snowball still grunts at me..She is 2 years old but I think she calmed down more after her spay. But someone mentioned a girl bunny humping, she used to do it to my arm all the time! Some thought maybe she was a boy haha. But the grunting she usually puts her ears back when she doesn't want to go back in her cage. Sometimes she puts her mouth open and her teeth scrape my hand, but it's not really a bite...really kind of weird. There are so many neat things to learn about buns!

Yeah sometimes the grunt isn't bad. The only grunt I get is more of a snort noise while he's circling the cats or myself.

I have however gotten the foot flick and the thump when he's mad at me. He'll give me a little nibble or tug on my pants when he wants a treat when I am in the kitchen. Which tickles more than it hurts. I shouldn't let him get away with bad behaviour but... he's too cute.

But yes a spay will help tons.

Thanks everyone. she is too young to spay. She is only 14 weeks old. I brushed her when I got home from work and she didnt grunt this time. She doesnt like it but she didnt grunt. So I just do a little grooming here and there throughout the day. I dont want to get her to aggerated!! I hate seeing messy pets. she is always got her hair a mess because everytime she itches or cleans herself her hair is all messed up again. I just dont want it to get into mats. Mindy

We had Fraggles spayed at 17 weeks so your almost there :)
Fraggles still grunts though. I think most buns do but it really does not mean much. I know a bun who will just bite without warning. I'd rather deal with grunting then being bitten at random.

There are so many different bunny noises it is hard to tell if everyone is calling the same sound the same thing. I have heard a soft grunt, which sounds like most here are talking about, which is a slight displeasure but merits no more than a nose bonk. Joshua gets this grunt and charged at from our male, who then nose bonks his ankle. It's rather funny seeing a 3 pound bun charging an extra large human male and thinking his little nose bonk is going to end in anything but giggles.

Then there is the "I'm going to kill this rabbit" grunt which is right before my one female launches herself at the other. I have since stopped trying to bond them because someone was going to get hurt other than me (yea, I ended up bleeding in the hall, but they were ok which is what is important). This grunt is full of rage and a horrible sound to hear from my babies.

At least most of the sounds are soft and sweet, the vast majority are happy sounds. :)

Back