She got him good - Ouch!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabine

Reaction score
Last night when I picked the buns up from their runs I discovered a tear at the end of Lint's ear. I was rather upset but there was not an awful lot I could have done at that stage. I wasn't sure who did it but believed it must have been Smokey who was in the run next to her. A few times when I left them together (under supervision) he kept trying to mount Lint on her head and she got fed up with it. So I have postponed bonding until after the neuter. I found it strange though that he would reach through the bars and rip her ear as they are actually fond of each other.

I went to the vet today with my guinea pig and just popped Smokey into a carrier too to ask the vet take another look at his eye. I did mention that I was hoping to neuter him as soon as possible and she turned him to check his testicles and I almost fainted: They were all red and torn!!!!! I hadn't even noticed. He will get neutered on Monday and get some stitches too.

I can't believe that all this went on through the bars. He must have been trying to mount her head and maybe held onto the ear, so she bit what was right in front of her nose (I expect any male who reads this to cringe) What I can't understand is that Lint doesn't simply move away rather than letting him mount her and then trying to shake him off. Lint's friend Asha wouldn't even let Smokey near her as she knows what he has in mind. By the way, both girls are spayed.

I just hope they forget soon as I was planning on bonding Smokey with the two girls once he is neutered and a few weeks have past.

Oh no! Good luck with the neuter and bonding. I'd put a bit of betadine on those wounds just to keep them clean. You'd be surprised what bunnies can do with bars between them.

Latest posts

Back