She did it!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrybuns

Reaction score
Shortly after we layed Vinny to rest I got to witness the birth of what appears to be three beautiful kits around 7pm! It was hard to see because her big ears were in the way and they quickly slid under the mountain of fur. I think she is going to look pretty funny with all the bald patches. So now what do I do? Should I check them? I saw a bit of left over placenta should I take it out?

WOOO! I say leave it for a few hours and if she does not eat it then take it out. She really needs to eat it. It has lots of stuff in it she needs.

Have you checked them? PICTURES!

When my one of my woolies had 7 kits, I had to remove some left over placenta and even cut the rest of the umbilical cord off one of the babies. lol So just leave it for now, but if it just seems to hang around and collect hair like the little bit my doe left, then just take it out. :p

I check my babies once mama looks settled and everyone is cleaned up. :)

They may had not got pregnant, that is why palpating is so worth learning. You can tell if they are pregnant by 12 days and if they arn't you can rebreed without waiting the unnessisary month :)

I went back at 9 and she was laying calmly on the other side of her cage so I decided to check the nest and the little chunk of placenta was still there. I threw it away anc then felt around to make sure the three I had seen were the only three so no one got cold. I took pics this morning and I will post them soon. One is a bit small but they all look healthy and are wiggly and warm and noisy :)
One looks all black and then the other two are sort of blue ish with little orange bits so I am thinking they are going to lool like there daddy. The biggest peed on me so I am taking that as a sign that she is feeding them. Misty I hope you atleast get to experience one litter this time around because let me tell you after I post this I am joining ARBA. I want to keep doing this especially working with the Lionheads and Lionlops! It was an emotional rollercoaster from Day 29 when she pulled fur I went crazy waiting , then watching her, WOW!

sorry pics will have to wait until tuesday as I am in and out all easter weekend, but when i put em up I take them everyday so they will be a little story of pics!! any babies Misty?

:p... How are your babies doing??

I went out doors today to feed the bunnies anyways I took out the Mini Rex Lilac and felt a couple marbles on her right side. And I took out the LionHead and didnt feel a thing. But this is her 2nd litter. The first one i didnt feel a thing.

They are doing great! I got peed on yesterday when i tried to check their sexes lol. I can't tell but thought it would be good practice to look and then when they are old enough to tell maybe that will help me for my litters once I get my breeding trio.

Latest posts

Back