She Bit Me!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nes

Reaction score
I'm not sure how many of you guys have dealt with pregnant does before - but does anyone else have a major territory problem with their girls?

Lacy gets so INSANELY territorial (and it's worse this time then last) just before she gives birth. Today she was in the exersize pen and actually RAN across the pen just to give me a nip! It was a love-nip to say the least (barely felt it) and she RAN away as soon as she realised what she'd done but this is SO annoying! I can't move her from her cage to her exersize pen any more (obviously she doens't want to be touched!) but she needs more exersize then she can get in her cage.

Suggestions?

I think the babies are comming SOON (found some hair today :)) so she'll be back to normal once she's born but you never know it could still be another week or two!! :x

Nes.

I don't know what your setup is like, but could you make it so she can move from her cage to her pen on her own? Maybe add some steps or whatever is needed? Or lure her into a carrier with a treat and use that to move her? Youmight be able totrain her to go in on command after a while.

Unfortunately when I bought the cage I wasn't thinking properly & it's one of those stupid top-open ones... any suggestions for making stairs? I really would like just to be able to open the door and let them out :).

We're going to be making her a new cage soon anyway.

I don't want to move the whole cage because it's falling apart (cheap plastic) so I try to move it as little as possible :\

I did think of the carrier idea, but all I have is cat carriers and they are too big to fit into the cage. I've thought about just opening the cage up (taking the top off) but then they make a HUGE mess with their pine bedding & it's IMPOSSIBlE to get them back in because they like to play the "can't catch me" game :D. Plus since she's pregnant I don't want to her to hide somewhere and have her kits where I don't know where they are.

Has anyone built in & out stairs for a top-opening cage?

Nes.

Latest posts

Back