She a she or he a he?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabyRue

Reaction score
I know there are probably a million threads here asking this but I am going to ask anyway.

I am 99% sure Rue is a girl. However her lady bits seem weird to me. When I turn her over on her back and look there are two holes beside each other instead of one closer to the bottom(does this make sense?) There does not seem to be boy bits there but she also may be to young to know?

She is about 2 1/2 months old. Also the other thing when I flip her over and look at her bits I notice a bit of a smell, and no I haven't put my nose up to her bits I can just smell it when she is on my lap.

Does this seem right? Or do I happen to have a boy? Or is it to early to know?

Also how old do they need to be before getting fixed?

Sounds like they are her scent glands. Luna has them too. Looked weird to me too when I flipped her over the first time. Always was looking at boys. lol Some time like a waxy build up happens in the glands and causes the smell (it's not just boys that smell) and needs to be cleaned.

There are some really good videos out there. You should check them out.

Hope this helps.

K:)

So if they are scent glands then that means she is a she. Which is awesome!

I was looking it up and read a million different articles and my head was just spinning. I will go check for videos. I think that would be a lot easier.

Look for two empty spots with no fur on the underside of her belly near her girly parts. That would be where testicles would descend later on. I thought for the longest Jack was a girl, but he proved me wrong when his man jewels finally came in.

Although if she's only 2 and a half months old you're most likely not even going to see testicles because they're so good at hiding them most of the time... our holly hid them from us until he was 4 months and decided to tell us he was Winston lol.

if you take a photo I'm sure people can help you a lot better that way

Bonnie Lee wrote:
Although if she's only 2 and a half months old you're most likely not even going to see testicles because they're so good at hiding them most of the time... our holly hid them from us until he was 4 months and decided to tell us he was Winston lol.

if you take a photo I'm sure people can help you a lot better that way
So true Bonnie. Willard, when we rescued, look like he was neutered. We believed he was about 4-5 months old. His didn't drop until a month after he came to us. And that was a surprise. We were under the impression that he was neutered. And lo and behold, full package! But he's a sweetie. One that I really don't think needs to be neutered. He has no aggression, very loving. And narily a marking. He just is very reserved and very active when out. Just love to see him dig in the bunny run! Watching that dirt fly out between his tail. It's amazing.

Haha Rue is not a fan of letting me explore her bits. I am still fairly sure she is a she. When my SO gets home I will get him to take a picture while I hold her or vice versa... there is no way I can hold her and get a picture lol

if you put your thumb and forefinger one above and one under the genital area and slowly put your fingers apart it will open up the area to see... A small pink thing will pooch out and if this pink thing (not sure how to call it in general lol) has a slit going from top to bottom it is a girl, if it has more of a hole towards the top of it then it is a boy.

http://www.newcreationproductions.net/Creators/Articles for web/sexing your rabbit.html

http://www.lecoeurrabbitrescue.co.uk/now_you_have_your_rabbit.htm#Sexing 2

these two sites have great pics

melbaby80 wrote:
Its hard to notice the difference if you're not a pro lol I wasn't and I swore up and down my Jack was girl, I was SO wrong lol

Well hopefully you study real hard on it because you don't want to make any mistakes with the litter you have. Thankfully you found out Jack was a boy before you put him in with, oh that's right you did with Storm. So glad he was too young at the time. You got lucky. Thank goodness for dumb luck, right?

fantaysah wrote:
if you put your thumb and forefinger one above and one under the genital area and slowly put your fingers apart it will open up the area to see... A small pink thing will pooch out and if this pink thing (not sure how to call it in general lol) has a slit going from top to bottom it is a girl, if it has more of a hole towards the top of it then it is a boy.

http://www.newcreationproductions.net/Creators/Articles%20for%20web/sexing%20your%20rabbit.html

http://www.lecoeurrabbitrescue.co.uk/now_you_have_your_rabbit.htm#Sexing%202

these two sites have great pics
Thx...your links is so helpful

I think this post may have helped me determine that Bunny and Clyde are sisters! I will have to double check when I get home... but I believe I remember seeing 2 tacos when I looked yesterday ;-)
lol

Male horses don't have nipples but I thought male rabbits do have them. Harvey has them. They are small and hard to spot tho.

Latest posts

Back