Shasta is getting neutered tomorrow.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexah

Reaction score
My little Shasta is going in for his snip snip tomorrow. I know that neuters are extremely routine and that there shouldn't be any problems, but I'm still nervous.

Can I ask for some prayers for me and my boy?

I'm going to need to hang tight all day tomorrow. He goes in at 8:30am and I can't pick him up until after 3:00pm. That's a long time without my baby. The vet said I can call in and see how he is as often as I'd like, but it's just not the same as him being with me in my arms, you know?

:nerves1.

I hope he gets through okay...

I'll be thinking of you and Shasta! It will be such a relief when it's over with. Remember to get some of his favorite treats to spoil him with (and help you feel less guilty!) when it's over. When Rory was neutered, I also got him a little plush bed to rest his aching bottom on, which he promptly shredded :biggrin2:

I have some leftover vet bed - do you think Shasta would like laying on that while he's recuperating from his surgery?

And, as far as treats, we've got plenty. I just opened a fresh new bag of craisins and I have a slice of banana with his name on it! I'm already spoiling him, but I still feel so guilty.

I can't wait until it's done and over with. I know it's the right thing to do, but it's so hard to leave them there, you know?

Shasta is back home and is recovering well from his neuter. He's been nibbling on some hay and has drank a ton of water. And he loved his craisins! He hasn't cared much for the vet bed, but then again, we just got home. Maybe once his pain meds wear off some he'll be more interested in his cushy new bed.

The vet gave him some Metacam before he left and also gave me some for home. But Shasta's generally in good spirits - I think it'll be hard for me to keep him quiet.

I'm just glad my baby is home :hearts.

Woohoo that's great! I don't believe in prayer but I was thinking of you and he and sending good vibes.

Hope he heals well, the boys really do seem to bounce back so fast.

Latest posts

Back