Share Your Favorite Memories Of Baby Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legacygirl

Reaction score
Post here your favorite memories of these cutebaby rabbits from the time they were born to being weaned.Mine is baby rabbits love to hang on to their mom to nurse,she doesn't want to nurse them all the time, so you got a little rabbithanging on to her it cute.

I like it when the babies are climbing all overthe mom. Last summer I had a doe that had eight babies. They wouldclimb all over her. There would be one ortwo sitting up onher back, one climbing her head, and another trying to nurse, all atthe same, while the rest hopped around all over the place. The babieswere really cute, but the mom had the most annoyed expression. Itlooked like she just wanted to bite them, but couldn't or she'd get introuble. I can't wait until my rabbits have babies next month. Ihaven't had any little baby bunnies in a while.

My favorite memories of baby rabbit are when iwas a child we moved into a new house.in one of the sheds were a bunchof rabbits most of them had babies.probably about 50 rabbits.what asurprise.we didnt know the rabbits were there.bluebird

Well as a first time owner to babies, my favmemory was plain simple, just finding the nest with a pile of furmoving, i must have said OMG about 100 times while i was on the phoneto my man when i was checking for babies and he was crying laughing somuch. And after that seeing Mischief one of the babies always playingpeek a boo in the food box like i can't really see her!

my fav memory of lu, wen i got her is wen she used to go all shy and hide in my jacket, thats how small she was then!

My brother posted this on another forum, and I LOVE this story. It brings a smile to my face every time.

It's about Sky and Moon

[align=center]
49ham2q.jpg
[/align]
'Here is a little story that may brighten up your day...

When introducing our bunnies Sky and Moon to the large world inside,they were overwhelmed - and not very old at the time. They exploredevery nook and cranny; they loved the space...

Our male rabbit, Sky, was especially bold, getting stuck anywhere hesaw fit. All of this was thirsty work for him, so he went for a drink...

He wandered over to the water bowl - bigger than the one in his hutch - and took a leap...

...We turned round to see Sky - as proud as could be - sat in the waterbowl, still full of water, admiring the room. He was drenched. After aquick rescue, we promptly began to dry him off with kitchen towel. Ourother rabbit, Moon, decided she didn't like him having all theattention - she wanted in on it. Her mind a was made up...

*Splosh* another rabbit in the water bowl. It was very clear that theywere not bothered by the experience; they continued to adventureafterwards, until they were dry enough to return home.'

My absolute fave bunny moment was when we first brought Cloudinto the house. (The pic below is cloud a few days after this).

[align=center]
Cloud45Zoomedin.jpg
[/align]
He was a very cocky and adventurous baby, and he felt happy andsafe with me, because I had held him since he was a day old.

He was aware that the world was very big. I put him on thefloor next to me, a tiny netherland dwarf baby that was 15 days old,and he stayed close to me for about 2 mins and then off he went.Attempting to run, but with his little legs shooting in every directionbecause he hadn't got control of them yet.

He ran around the room, looking up at the chairs, he backedinto the middle of the room, looked at a chair, took a run up and aflying leap at the chair. He went about 2 inches in the air, and about4 inches forward, and landed in a belly flop on the floor. Hewas still about 2 feet away from his intended target. Ihaven't laughed so hard in ages.

One of my favorite memories with baby bunnies Ithink is this. A couple years ago there was an exceptionallyhot spell in the summer time. One of my does had a litter of 5 or 6bunnies. I made sure they always had water and froze waterbottles for them to lean against, which they loved. Well I went outsidethis one day and looked in the pen and three of the babies were ploppedright in the water dish with their heads staring back at me as if tosay "Ahh, that feels much better" So cute.

Latest posts

Back