Shadow's Aniversary Coming Up.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FallingStar

Reaction score
Ok, I know this if for bunnies and such but I thought that Shadow deserved a spot to be remember.

Shadow was my black lab, he was around 11 years old. We had, had him since he was about 4, and he was always my favorite. Itaught him sit, shake, lie down, roll over ect.. and many more. I thought he would live forever, untill March 12th 2007. I went out to go over to my friend's house (BSAR and BlueSky) when I noticed Shadow's belly being very swollen and he wasn't acting like himself. I went and open their gate (letting out Sadie my other black lab)and Sadie bolted out like normal. But Shadow just stood there, motionless. I ran inside our shop and got out the treats, Shadow's favorite. I held a treat up to him and he didn't take it,I knew something was wrong. I went inside and told my mom what I had seen, and she came out too. And looked at him and said nothing. So, my mom drove me over to BSAR's and BlueSky's and went home. I was at their house for about an hour when my mom called... She had taken Shadow to the vet and he had Gastric Dilatation. (Here is a link about it: http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+1571&aid=402) And I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She asked me if I wanted to come and say goodbye, but I couldn't. I told her that I couldn't watch him be put down, I hung up the phone and cried..I cried and cried. BlueSky and BSAR gave me a hug and cried too. Then about an hour later, my mom came and got me. I went home and cried. And Sadie knew something was up, Shadow wasn't with her. I went to here gate and opened it, she didn't run out like she would. She saw that I was in pain, and she came and licked my fingers. I felt down and hugged her, I told her "Shadow isn't coming home". I cried that whole day, and cried myself to sleep that night, this hit me like a freight train. I couldn't believe it.It still hurts me today to know that he is gone.

But the weird thing is, that1 dayafter Shadow passed away, my mom's friend's Maltese gave birth to a litter of puppies, but she had then the day he passed and on the day after. When they were ready, we bought one. And the one we bought was born on the day he passed away. I still think to this day, and Shadow is watching over Daisy, because he was a shy guy, and I think he wanted a chance to live again. It may sound crazy, but I believe it.

I'm sorry about posting such a long post, but he ment the world to me, and I'll miss him very much.

I'm tearing up, just writing this.. :sad:

I miss and love you Shadow.

Karlee

ETA!: I'll post some pics after I scan them and all.

:hearts:Awww Karlee! This made me cry! I miss Shadow so much! He was such a sweet guy, I can't believe its been almost a year. I bet that he is having a great time in Heaven and maybe even playing with Goldie.

:in tears:

I'm crying as I type this. I started crying at about the part you said " I couldn't believe what I was hearing". I still can't believe Shadow is gone.

I miss him so much, he was like my doggy-brother, :D

I remember the day that you guys were moving into your new house and your mom was caryying his ashes. Ashley (karlee's sister) asked "what are you doing" and your mom said "Bringing Shadow home" I almost started crying when she said that. :(

R.I.P. Shadow :rip::angel:

Much:heartsEmily:hug:

Aww, thanks guys. :(And yeah, I was crying so hard when I typed this. :cry4:

And yeah, I hope he is playing with Goldie up there, I hope they are having fun.

And BlueSky, I remember that too. I almost cried than too. He would of loved this house so mcuh. I really didn't even plan on typing this, it just kinda came together.

:rip:

I'm teary eyed...

Karlee

I'm sorry about Shadow. Losing a pet we love is so hard, especially when it is quick and unexpected. It's completely ok to post asbout other animals in here, so I'm glad you did.

Anniversaries are always hard though, maybe you could think of somehting to do that day, maybe to makr his life, or celebrate him, or celebrate your other animals or something?

awwh Karlee..

even though this is a bunny forum i still think tat any animals that people care about deserves a thread. I teared up reading this..

reading this i feel so sad, im a bout to get a odg in a month or two and even though i stil havent met my dog yet i cant imagine losing him/her...i know thta sounds stuppid...

at least shadow lived for11 years!! and i m pretty sure that 7 years he was with you it was the greatest time of his life!

x

P.s we're getting a lab and the names we thought of are hugo, bruno, oscar and if we get a black one I KNOW im going to name it shadow, in memory of your shadow =]

my PM box is open for you.

the plan is when we go arrive back in NZ after our holiday, we will start searching for a dog. we are going to adopt either from the spca or maybe even a dog that needs a loving new home from trademe.

I've started searching for a good brand of dog food but no luck they're all using by-product or poultry meat :S

How are you taking Shadow's aniversary?
Btw i just thought if we get a black dog then we'll name it shadow, then it'll be very cute if the dog follows us around everywhere :p

xx

Latest posts

Back