Sexual behavior with a toy doll

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antony

Reaction score
When my rabbit is still a baby, we put a little elephant toy to her cage, she wasn't quite interested at him at that moment.

After a few months, she seems to be interested at him - but unfortunately, in a sexual way. She licked all over the doll and "shake" over him.

My wife said the rabbit do this almost every day, and I witness a number of times.

In fact we weren't quite sure about the rabbit's gender, she is hairy around her "private place", but when she's younger, we saw a little pink spot instead of 2, so she is a girl? But why she do to the elephant like a male?

Pls advice is it good behavior? She's around 4-5 months old.

I think everyone who has a female rabbit finds this slightly alarming and wonders that same thing. I wondered with my first bunny. They all do it though. The only real solution is to get the bunny fixed.

http://www.barbibrownsbunnies.com has an article for telling the sexes apart. Hope that helps.

Thank you very much for your answer! But I'd like you ask what do you mean by "fix"? Should we go to the veterinary? Will it be problem if we leave it unfixed? And what did you do when your first bunny did this? Thanks.

Both males and females will have that "single pink spot".
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12064&forum_id=17

Both girls and boys have been known to "shake" on each other in sexual ways.

She has reached an age where she is sexually mature and she may be a girl or she may be a boy. It would be in your best interest to take her to the vet and get them to tell you if she is a boy or a girl. And talk about getting her spayed/neutered (fixed). In the long run it is healthier for her/him if you were to do this, as it can prevent certain cancers and other issues from starting up.

This will also rid her of bad hormone related behaviours.

Latest posts

Back