Sexing Baby Bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acdcfan23

Reaction score
I have 3 baby dwarf bunnies. They are 6 weeks old (as of Thursday) and 2 will be heading to new homes soon. But i cant tell how to sex them or when they are old enough to sex them. I also don't want them breeding and giving them to new homes to only surprise them with more than they bargained for (thats what happened to me, she was pregnant when i got her and no one knew. The lady had nine bunnies and didn't sex them right!) and help is greatly appreciated! I also may end up keeping one baby since i am unable to find and more bunny people in my area :)

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1383313422.363255.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Rabbit Forum

There are several very useful videos on YouTube that show how to sex baby rabbits. Here's a video that allowed me to sex correctly at 3-4 weeks old.

[ame]http://youtu.be/tKM6a7Ym6B0[/ame]

the easiest way is to gently place one finger below the rabbits umm... genitals and one above. If its a male it will stick out farther and be donut shaped. If it is a girl it will just be a slit. however it is VERY easy to get them mixed up so its best if you wait until a male bucks testicals have dropped to be sure.

When do the testicals usually drop?

Sent from my iPod touch using Rabbit Forum

3 to 4 months of age sooooo that might not work for you as you said they are going to their new homes soon. If you search on youtube how to sex baby rabbits there are plenty of other videos if the one I posted does not help. I really liked this one because you get a really good picture of the difference between a boy and a girl and he explains what your looking for. Like I said after watching that video I was much better at sexing babies correctly at 3 to 4 weeks of age

Back