Several beautiful rabbits up for adoption at Oakville Humane Society

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f_j

Reaction score
I just thought I'd post that the last time Iwent into my local Humane Society in Oakville, Ontario, there were lotsof adorable bunnies up for adoption. It just breaks my heartthat they don't have forever homes. One was a Flemish giant(I think), a New Zealand white, a lop, one named Cuddles that wasabsolutely adorable and friendly. If anyone in the GTA isinterested, please go and have a look! When we eventually getour fourth bunny, it will be from the Humane Society, but we have towait until we buy a house. We almost broke down and broughtCuddles home, but it wouldn't be the responsible thing to do.

send that info to Crystalballl, she's looking for a lop in your area!

Thanks for posting this. I hope they are all able to find loving homes :)

Haley wrote:
send that info to Crystalballl, she's looking for a lop in your area!

Thanks for posting this. I hope they are all able to find loving homes :)

I've been talking to Crystalballl through PM's, so she has the info :)

I hope they find loving homes soon too, they all seem like such sweet bunnies!

I didn't even know Oakville had a HumaneSociety....I've been there several times to visit my son, and on oneoccasion about a year ago had considered checking out the HS in Torontoto see if there were any rabbits, as the THS seems to spay and neutertheir adoptable bunnies, while here in Ottawa they don't. That idea wasquickly squashed however, when I discovered that CN Rail (which is howI usually travel) does not allow animals on any of their runs betweenToronto and Ottawa. And even if they did, they still wouldn't allowrabbits. Some trains traveling across the country allow cats, dogs, and'rodents', but they ban rabbits. (They never did give me an explanationas to why rabbits can't go on their trains.)

If my son was more of a bunny lover I'd try and talk him into checkingthem out, but he isn't...he likes rabbits so long as he doesn't have tobe the one caring for them. (I still think he must've been switched atbirth with another baby :?...me, I love all animals!)

***P.S....my heart would've melted at seeing a Flemmie there....

I have a friend (of a friend) who had fourrabbits, and last time I checked with him a year ago, with the passageof a lot of time, he wasdown to one sick 12-year oldboy. I don't think he's looking for another bunny, but once abunny guy, alwaysa bunny guy. I think if I hit himup with a 'rabbit in need' story, he'dat least fostersomebunny. But it's usually better to approachpeoplelike that with a specific urgentcase.Something to keep in mind. :)

sas

Latest posts

Back