SETTING UP FOR BUNNYS!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christinelea1

Reaction score
CRITTER CAFE RESCUE IS MOVING to a LARGER facility and I am trying to figure out how to set up for the bunnys!!! I need PICTURES and IDEAS!!!! The buns here have always had rooms(like one room is set up for two buns with a fence down the middle) and now at the new place they will have an entire basement(cement)with a walk out door and I am trying to figure out how to set it up on top of everything else!! PLEASE I need IDEAS!!!!I will bring the bunnys upsatirs of course too and I am hoping to have a (ARE U READY?) BUNNY DOOR so they can just go outside to a safe area set up with a "pen"....The CRITTER CAFE RESCUE is also TRYING to get the West Michigan Low cost SPAY&NEUTER CLINIC open too(I am part of the clinic to get BUNNYS INCLUDED)!The entire garage will be "clinic".
....Ok-need suggestions and pictures of other bunny rescues:)THANK YOU!!!
WE LOVE BUNNYS!!:headflick:

NIC cages maybe? those would work great, you can make them just the right size too. let me go find the tutorial(it's here somewhere!).............................................

Thats awesome Christine!

Just be very careful if you do decide to give them an outdoor run. As you know, its so easy for predators to get in or out and we have so many in Michigan. Not to mention bot flies and mites and such.

I love the setup at Midwest, they use 2x3 NIC pens (or larger for bigger buns). If theres a jumper they put a sheet over the pen. Thev also have some built up on a wooden platform with wheels, which makes it easier to move and clean out under them, but you'd need someone good with a hammer for that. lol

NIC pens and runs are awesome. Congrats on your expansion!

Well like I said we have NO caged bunnys here at CCR and going with the pens is what we will have to do.....I am going back over to the house today to get pictures of the basement....I will post them as we set up for the BUNNYS!!! We are doing rescues in so many venues right now and we just will not know how many bunnys are coming-WE NEED ROOM!!!!!! The one rescue we are working on is about 50 bunnys LET GO in Fremont area-we are trying to catch them now(hate to say it but a dedicated 4H person let them go which means NONE are fixed).Oh and I am sure you all are familiar with the state of bunnys...its not getting any better without people GETTING THEIR BUNNYS FIXED....gosh there are so many!!!!

Latest posts

Back