Seperating the boys from the girl

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fergi

Reaction score
Right here..."pointing finger to pa, Minnesota, US
I am just wondering if it would be Ok to take themale kits out of the cage and put them into their own seperate cage.They are four days shy of eight weeks. I would like to do this nowbecause Fergi is currently being housed in Ben's cage so there is room.I would like to put Diva into that cage now because she is reallygetting too big for Fergi's cage. So can I switch everyone around???

Fergi's mom

EDIT: I don't need a Big Ben repeate either...he produced kits at a pretty young age and it would just be my luck!

Fergi wrote:
I amjust wondering if it would be Ok to take the male kits out of the cageand put them into their own seperate cage. They are four days shy ofeight weeks. I would like to do this now because Fergi is currentlybeing housed in Ben's cage so there is room. I would like to put Divainto that cage now because she is really getting too big for Fergi'scage. So can I switch everyone around???

Fergi's mom

EDIT: I don't need a Big Ben repeate either...he produced kits at a pretty young age and it would just be my luck!

Most certainly, I would go ahead and separate them.

Pam

I had to seperate my first kits early (I think itwas just over 4 weeks) because I didn't manage to seperate Buster andDaisy in time as I didn't know she was pregnant in the first place, shegot pregnant again and had another litter 31 days later.I wasso worried about doing it so early, but they were fine even at that age(although 4 weeks is awfully young isn't it). At nearly eightweeks they should be fine and if Pam says its ok, then go for it :).

Vickie

DaisyNBuster wrote:
LOL Its so funny - I didn't need to really reply at all. IfPam answers first it is going to be a short post as questions areanswered straight away :Dand you know you can trust theadvice 100%.

Vickie

Nonsense! The more opinions, the better!

Pam

Latest posts

Back