Send some good vibes our way..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChompersMom

Reaction score
Moose went in to get neutered today! I think the poor boy thought I was giving him up because he looked at me so sad when I handed him to the vet tech :(. They said they should call me around 1-3 today for me to pick him up and I already pre-paid and they said they were sending me home with pain meds so I'm glad I didn't have to ask. Hopefully everything goes alright, I'm a worried mom :nerves1

Sending good vibes from here in SW Texas....

When I took Tiny and the tweebs (Tio & Kyo) in to be neutered...I cried for a large part of the drive there (70 miles one way) and I cried when I took them in.

I was a wuss..

I'm sure your boy will be fine - but I do understand how you feel.

Peg

I am sure it will all go fine then you will have a flappy sac bunny for a while!!!

They soon perk up afterwards and start causing mischief again :)

Awwwww, poor Moosey. I know how you feel.:hug: I was a mess when Thumper went in. I am sure he is going to do just fine and boy is he going to be ever so happy when he sees you again.

Keep us posted.:pray:

Poor thing! Mommy dropped him off and they're gonna nip his nads!

I hate taking Bo to the vet - let alone dropping him off! When he was little it was different cause he didn't freak out so bad. now I hate it!

I'm thinking of you and Moose today! let us know when he's home and all safe. :hug:

Oh no...Moose is joining the "Nots Club"!! :D

Give him loads of love when you bring that handsome boy home...from the Maher Warren! :D

Also, don't worry...he'll be just fine. Yesterday marked Fiver's two weeks since surgery, and he's been doing JUST FINE. :D

Hugs to you (and Moose too!!)

Rosie*

Hello everyone, we are back from the vet! I just picked up Moose a little bit ago and he was quite the hit at the vet office ;). Everyone just LOVED him and his ears. They didn't want to give him back but there's no way I'd ever give him up.

He's doing fine, I gave him a little bit of banana because he was such a good boy and put him in his cage and he's already munching away on his pellets and hay.

He wanted me to tell you all thank you for caring so much :). He said he was very brave but he doesn't ever want to go back because they might chop something else off :shock:.

They did give him a free toenail trim as well so his nails are all nice and short.

Now we just have to wait the two weeks of recovery with limited exercise :( Poor Moose..he loves running around the house and causing mischief :p

Oh yay! Glad to hear he's home and doing well...

Don't worry if you see a bit of swelling and bruising around his "nots"...it's perfectly normal. And keep us updated on how he's doing, ok?

Hugs to you both!

Rosie*

Thank you so much and I most def. will keep you updated! I just looked "down there" to see and they sure were flappy :shock: but so far they are just pink. I'll keep an eye on them, though, to make sure healing goes well. *hugs to everyone*

Oh good! I'm glad he's home!!! I bet he was a hit with the vet's office!

I wouldn't want to go back either Moose! Be a good boy now and get all better before you go and do any redecorating in the house!

I'm glad Moosey is home safe! Rory was neutered less than two weeks ago and I was worried for my baby, too. Thankfully, he has recovered fine. Seconding that he might experience some swelling and discoloration, Rory did too and I was all in a tizzy about it. Hugs for Moose!

Oh, I am just seeing this now. So wonderful to hear that Moose is finished and is back home again! I can totally relate with you on the nervousness (and on the sad look when leaving him at the vet's...Yofi did the same thing to me :(). The biggest challenge I found, when Yofi was done, was in keeping his activities down, as he is one of the most constant on-the-go bunnies I've ever met. Vet told me to restrict him from stairs and jumping on things for the first 10-14 days...I think we made it through the first 4-5 days before he was attempting Banzaii's onto everything forbidden. :X (Oh, and the other challenge was checking his surgery site daily, as he hates to be held, especially to have his Mom peeking 'down there'!)

It's amazing how quickly they recover; I think it takes us humans longer to recover from it than they do!

(((HUGS))) to Moose for being such a brave boy! (and to his mom too) :hug:

Just an update for those of you who asked: Moose is doing fine! He wants to come out of his cage but I have to keep telling him not yet, since I know he will want to run and jump and vet said :shame to that.

I gave him his pain med this morning and i have enough for two more days and it seems to be helping! He's just a pain to put it in his mouth and inject it. He doesn't seem to be too fond of me force feeding him something so icky tasting :p too bad for him! He just has to learn it's good for him!

Thank you all for your kind words and hugs :) Moose told me to give you all a :hugsquish: back for him

I can't wait to hear that he can get out and cause mischief once more! I know he's going stir crazy in the cage!

Latest posts

Back