Selling

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like your post Tinysmom, very nice.

I do have one vet here that treats rabbits. They do emergency calls. I'm rethinking breeding her now as I don't want to lose her. I'll probably just breed my Nethie. If I do breed her I will have pics. Most definitley.

As for my mini rex buck, TinysMom, his pedigree should be here soon. I'm not going to get rid of her though, because Pet classes don't cost anything if you show them in that and all. I show her in Pet Classes, so no way for her to get DQ'd. Plus someone at a show said she'd be great in Pet Class and she won at TCF.

And yes, I have heard of 2 yr old does with their first litters going ok, now I know this isn't the same with ALL does. I'm just thinking she may be fine. Plus, I have some money saved up and still saving to get her a drs appointment a week or so before she's due. If they see somethings wrong and she needs a c-section or something, then I'll agree to that.

I do have lots of room for the babies, because the cage she will be in is extremely huge. Plus by then I hope to have my barn totally remodled.

The buck Mini rex is still good for breeding because that's why we got him. He was the best buck they had.

I'll talk to my Rabbit guider about her age. I know she has buck Nethies to breed my doe with so that won't be a problem. If I don't breed Lily (the mr doe) then I'll just breed my Nethie and Polish next year.

My polish is 1 year, is that too old to breed too?

I think that would be awesome if you could still show her at pet shows. It's better you don't take the risk really. It's really hard for me to encourage it since I've seen the possible risks first hand. :)I hope you have a lil spot for her ;)

Remodeling sounds great. Is there just one breed you want to focus on or are you just breeding various kinds? I know here Nethies sell more. Maybe you could get a feel for the market there? Are there other breeders nearby?

Pics are always fun :biggrin2:

Theres lots of breeders here actually in my area. I breed Polish, Netherland Dwarfs and Mini Rex. I was hoping Lily would be the first because she'd be a great mom. now that I think, I think that my first doe was around her age when she had her babies. Also I'm not -exactly- sure that Lily is 2. She's most likely younger. The old owners had her since she was 5 or 6 weeks old (kinda young) and they gave her to me and my sister. I'll ask her old owner today. If she's 2or older, no breeding. but if she's about 1 1/2 years then she'll be bred once this year and maybe the next as well.

It's my mom's decision when we breed and i'm talking to her today about their age factor and breeding. I'll be breeding all three girls next year if she listens to me otherwise there's no point in breeding because she only lets me breed them in the Spring/Summer months, but i'll tell her about the holiday january thing. Then I may breed Lily this December, only if she can be bred.

Latest posts

Back