Selling culls and calling them 'Quality show rabbits'

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am definetely NOT into breeding rabbits for money. You know why I breed and show? To preserve a breed that dates back generations ago. If someone doesn't keep the breed pure and strive for the standard we will lose them. I am sorry for using the word 'cull', should have said pet quality. I did not mean that I will kill the rabbits, I could never do that. In fact the buck I had is now a house rabbit with a good friend of mine. Sure I could breed him and make a bunch of pet babies that couldn't be shown and that would end up in shelters because they couldn't be re-homed, all because I wanted *cute* baby bunny rabbitsbut I chose NOT to do that because I am a breeder that strives for the standard.I'mnot sure where you got that my rabbits aren't taken careof but they are the loves of my life. Seriously, we have a heated and A/C barn and the rabbits are even taken in the house to stretch their legs a while. Trust me, my rabbits have a better life thansome pets. I just don't like being accused of something when you obviously don't have any facts to back it up.

I think it is safe to say that we don't need to defend ourselves as breeders anymore. ElmerFudd has stated that they're happy to hear the bunnies are treated well and that's all that matters to them.

Time to move on ....

Agree with 4kr... Some people just need to be a little bit more educated. Each rabbitry runs things differently. Different number of animals..different set up ..different schedules.I'm fairly sure most breeders breed for the development of their breed and will usually keep some of the litters. I'm sure the ones they don't keep find new homes.

Raising rabbits for show creates discipline and good understanding of what hard work can do for you in the long run. Especially with youth. My little sister was so lazy before we got our herd, the difference in work ethic between now and then is incredible.

People ask me all the time if I make a profit. Ummm no. Upkeep, food, cages goes right back into our rabbitry. It's a fun hobby and it looks cool on Resumes. :D HEHE

Latest posts

Back