selling babies?? What you do??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
something else tot hink about...when you pay for a pet rabbit, its nice knowuing the parents dont have problems and thats worth paying for.

Lishka wrote:
Holy Crap??? Around this area I have seen the show quality Lion Heads for $150 to $200!!!! I think if I ever get into them, I am buying from where you all live!!!!!!
I know of good breeders in Ohio and PA that sell their stock for more reasonable prices.

Rattiemattiesrattery wrote:

I paid $50 each for my stock here in Texas and they are NICE QUALITY rabbits.
Lucky you, I paid 75.00 for each of my two (and she said she was giving them to me for a lil less), plus I spent about 200.00 to get out to get them and back >_< *not to mention the pain, because I have back issues and a 10hour car trip does NOT help >_<*
Well - those were just the ones I bought here locally. The ones I got from Juan Perez in Mass. were $100 each plus about $450 to fly them both here as they needed to be in their own carriers (8 months old).

But they are worth every penny to me.

Nope. If they're going to another breeder, no care sheet or even generally food, goes with them.

Now, if someone comes to my rabbitry for show/brood rabbits, then I'll offer them some Pfau to tide them over, but I generally don't take it to shows.

Or if someone's just getting started in rabbits, I might offer them a care sheet just in case, and always offer to answer any questions.

I always send food with my rabbits whether they be pet or show. If its another breeder - I wouldn't bother with a care sheet.

I'm about to start a thread about pet/show/brood quality because I've been wanting to ask it for a while - but it isn't directed towards you Misty - its just your post about having show rabbits made me think about it.

I usually give out a bag of feed with mine, thats it. I also answer any questions. I am still figuring out selling prices. lol

I think the most expensive rabbits I have seen are NDs. My friends mother is well known in the ND community and she spends a LOT. She bought one of the highest quality ones in her barn for 650!

I think that where you live has an effect on price as well. Around here you can get a pedigree lionhead from 40-60 average and a pet for 15-30 depending on who you are buying from.

Lishka wrote:
I think the most expensive rabbits I have seen are NDs. My friends mother is well known in the ND community and she spends a LOT. She bought one of the highest quality ones in her barn for 650!
It's insane. Probably from Lone Star's rabbitry. They seem to be the biggest breeder of BEW's in the USA.

They have an auction every year, and the /starting/ price for most of the buns are upwards of 300. Then probably 1/3 or so are upwards of 500.

I know this is an older topic but I wanted to share what I do-

I sell rabbits at shows and through yahoo groups, and I advertise on a good forum I'm on, too. I stay far away from craigslist and places like that, because I don't sell pets, and WON'T sell pets to someone I don't know/trust.

My prices: (Pulled directly from my website)

Jrs. and pre-jrs: $30

Sr. Breeding stock: $40

Sr. Show Stock: $50+

I feel it's fair. My prices reflect quality. I'm not one to hike up prices because someone might eat them, but because I put money and time into my lines and I price fairly according to show potential. If I feel a rabbit is worth $75, that's what you're going to pay and that's all there is to it.

I will NEVER sell a rabbit without a pedigree, so that's irrelevant here. ;)

Erins Rabbits wrote:
I know this is an older topic but I wanted to share what I do-

I sell rabbits at shows and through yahoo groups, and I advertise on a good forum I'm on, too. I stay far away from craigslist and places like that, because I don't sell pets, and WON'T sell pets to someone I don't know/trust.

My prices: (Pulled directly from my website)

Jrs. and pre-jrs: $30

Sr. Breeding stock: $40

Sr. Show Stock: $50+

I feel it's fair. My prices reflect quality. I'm not one to hike up prices because someone might eat them, but because I put money and time into my lines and I price fairly according to show potential. If I feel a rabbit is worth $75, that's what you're going to pay and that's all there is to it.

I will NEVER sell a rabbit without a pedigree, so that's irrelevant here. ;)
This thread isnt to old! :p

yep. i agree with everything said above. You make your own care sheet on your computer and print it out. Also offering a take back policy is also good. Heck I have one rabbit that came back to me clear from CA, and I live in MI!

Latest posts

Back