Self-trancing bunny??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audrey

Reaction score
I know it is possible to trance rabbits but is it possible for them to trance themselves?

Our 3 month old Flemish Giant occasionally will sit very very still in a box in her cage and zones out intensely for anywhere from a few minutes to a half hour.

Its like shes in a trance, staring into space and barely moving until we do someting around her to catch her attention...it can be easy at times, and difficult at others. [[my roommate actually thought she was dead once until she binkied in his face...needless to say, she startled him lol]]

is this a normal behavior??

rabbits sleep alot,,during the day with their inner eye lid down/soas the eye don,t dry out/like a frog under water...sincerely james waller,,i have one that loves to flop over/dead like,,so my heart stops/wabbits is da craziest...critters...

Yeah it's normal, I know my Harper does it a lot. I think he looks pretty funny when he does it. :p

My bun does this all the time. Sometimes they're awake and just staring into space. Often, they're actually asleep, since rabbits can sleep with their eyes open.

Latest posts

Back