Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily0862

Reaction score
Chambersburg and Berlin, Pennsylvania, USA
Hey all, wasn't sure exactly where to post this but figured I'd try here first. Does anyone have a self cleaning cat litter box that they use for their rabbit? Or has anyone ever used one? We were thinking about getting one for the living room and wondered if they worked with bunny poop?

I saw those advertised recently and I wanted one so badly. I just don't think my rabbit could figure out how to use it. It looks very complicated. Plus I think the one I was looking at (the CatGenie) used a special litter, which some rabbits could eat. If you get one definitely let us know how you like it. :D

:bunnyheart

I'd find out, as if rabbits eat clay, it can be fatal. Also, clay dust irritates the nasal passages etc. So clay litter shouldn't be used.

There are numerous litters you can use with automatic boxes that are grain based which are 100% safe.
Clay based litters aren't even safe for cats, nevermind bunnys.
Please do look into what type of litter you're using, even posting the brand name here and somebody can find out for you.

clumping litters of ANY sort are a big no-no for bunnies, as they could clump inside the digestive tract if ingested

Hmmm I used to use Worlds Best Cat litter which is a corn based clumping litter and when I had Peter i used it and it was okay, he would nibble here or there but nothing to harm him.... Phoenix on the other hand is a different story when I found her I gave her that for the first night and in the morning the ENTIRE tray was empty!! It didn't do too much harm though just slightly odd shaped stools but she's not getting anymore of it!

Sorry I didn't answer your question but I also would love to find out

Back