Seeking a senior guinea pig

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubysmom

Reaction score
Hi there. I am currently seeking to adopt a senior guinea pig (5+ years). My Paolo (7 year old unneutered male) has been rather lonely since we lost out last female, Olivia. It doesn't matter if the guinea pig is male or female, fixed or not. I would most likely not be attempted to bond him/her with Paolo. I would have them living next to each other separated by a NIC wall. I live in Buffalo NY but am willing to drive a reasonable distance to adopt. I am only interesting in adopting from rescue/shelter but I will consider taking in a gp that need a home from an individual. Please contact me if you can help. Much thanks in advance.--Nicole

Hi Laura. Thanks for the reply. I have looked on Petfinder but they are all pretty well out of state. Did you do a different search?

:hello

I looked on some of the resource sites we have for adopting bunnies and found a guinea pig that is 7. If he does not meet your needs check out some of the places in the resource section. Another option is to look at petfinder and click the link that tells you rescues in your area. Many don't list guinea pigs. This place is one hr and 16 min from you per mapquest. See below. A lot of the humane societies are placing animals at petco and petsmart to find them homes quicker. Good luck

This OTHER-ID#A094394

I am a male, black and tan guinea pig.

The shelter thinks I am about 7 years old.

I have been at the shelter since Jun 23, 2006.

This information is 7 hours old.

[align=center]Back To List[/align]
For more information about this animal, call:
Lollypop Farm West at the PETsMART Storeat(585) 637-7508ext:765
Ask for information about animal ID number A094394

I called and talked to a worker at Lollipop Farm. She said that 7 is the default age and that actually his age was "unknown". I think it's kind of a bad idea for a gp's default age to be 7. The search continues...I'm going to contact some local rescues and give them my contact info.

Latest posts

Back